Visitors

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Day 187: In-FOUR-mation

I'm so clever....in case you didn't get my headline.....my birthday is on the FOURTH....AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :)

Anyways, a couple....well a lot of people have been asking about the possibility of donating their bone marrow....or at least checking to see if they MAY be a match for me (in case my brother isn't) and first of all....let me say....thank you. It means the world to me that I have friends who would step up and do that for me. I about cry everytime people say, "I'll give you my bone marrow if I need to." I really wish it was that easy but it's not.....I know I have friends out there who would if they could...in a drop of a hat. Your support is the reason that I have this new positive outlook on life. It's too precious to have it filled with negativity and people I don't want around. It really CAN be too short and I don't want to waste my time. Anyways, here is the website to look at IF you are considering being a match. I don't know exactly if you can say, "HI...i'm being tested for Kimberly Begay to see if she and I are a match." I guess that's something to ask if I ever get a hold of them.
http://marrow.org/Home.aspx

ALSO, on October 6th....which is a THURSDAY....Northwest Classen High School (NW 30th and May) is having a blood drive for me. I don't really know the details yet but as soon as I figure out the times and what not, I will be sure to post it. I imagine it will be from 11-1 or something like that. All the blood donations will go towards a credit bank for me to help reduce the cost of blood transfusions that I have had or will have in the future. So if you can, spread the word, tell your neighbors, tell your co workers, tell your dogs??, tell EVERYONE who is willing and able to donate to go out and at least get a free cookie! lol.... I would greatly appreciate it and my wallet would too. :D

Hmmm.....one more thing.....on the 15th of October I will be running in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure 5k....YAY!!! They also have a 1 mile fun run/walk. So if you're not doing anything.....you should sign up!!

http://centralwesternok.info-komen.org/site/TR/RacefortheCure/OKC_CentralandWesternOklahomaAffiliate?fr_id=2128&pg=entry

That's all I got for today.....I'm feeling pretty good. My eyes have been hurting lately....but I think it's from my lack of sleep. the insertion point on my arm where my picc line is infected. :( it hurts when I move my arm around and changing clothes gets tricky. luckily i'm going to the hospital tomorrow so the nurses can look at it.  My mouth sores went away.....I gained like 8 lbs....uggghhhhhh.....but it should go back away after this round of chemo. All this weight fluctuation isn't very good for my ego. haha....but oh well, it's normal....either that or the nurses were just making me feel better. I think I got a pretty good allergy attack on Friday because my nose has been running ever since and I've been sneezing a lot. My throat was also hurting and a little sore on friday and saturday but it was nothing a little orange juice wouldn't fix. :) it's better now...it made me a little nervous at first because i was afraid of getting sick....but I guess my white counts were high enough so all is GOOD. :)

Today I had a good day. I drove back from tulsa around 8am....I stayed with my long time friend vanessa overnight after hanging out at Buffalo Wild Wings watching her be the Karaoke Jockey (V-LO) lol. It's always nice to see old friends. I enjoyed myself. Then I was invited to church with my friend Emily and her wonderful parents who took me out to lunch after the service. It was a good birthday brunch that I needed to cheer myself up a little about going into the hospital. I came back, fell asleep on my couch, cleaned up a bit, watched a movie, then went for a good 2.6ish mile run with two other taft teachers....it has been a blessed day. :)

okay well I'm packing tonight in case I get another EARLY AM call to go into the hospital. And I gotta pack some birthday stuff because....my birthday is in TWO....count em....UNO....TWO....DAYS!!! :)

it's going to be a pretty boring birthday....but I'm okay with that. at least i'm celebrating it. :)

My friend Alex said...."I feel like birthdays have a whole new meaning..." and they really do. before they were an excuse to have a party and be obnoxious....and for me....ending every sentence with...it's my birthday....but now....it's so much more than that. It's truly a celebration of life. I about cried when I saw the Cancer commercial of people singing happy birthday......too much for me. LOL.

Alright well, I hope everyone has a fabulous week ahead of them. be thankful. :)

much love,
kim

ONE MORE THING...........................


Dear Friends and Family,

I recently accepted the challenge to raise funds to support the Central and Western Oklahoma Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure in its efforts to fight this horrific disease and hopefully help out patients out who are in need. I will also take part in the 5k race as part of this program

Please help support me in this important project by contributing generously to the Susan G. Komen for the Cure Central and Western Oklahoma Affiliate. Your contribution will be 100% tax-deductible. It is faster and easier than ever to support this great cause - you can make your donation online by simply clicking on the link at the bottom of this message.

Whatever you can give will help it all adds up! I greatly appreciate your support and will keep you posted on my progress.

To donate online, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment