Visitors

Monday, October 10, 2011

Day 195: 4 days

I have four days to prepare for my 5k....granted my hemoglobin is up I think I can physically push myself through pain and run the whole thing.....my only goal. I don't care if a granny pace three legged dog passes me....I'm going to attempt to JOG the whole thing. I hear the course itself has some hills but....I'm gonna try. Because at this point my 39/40 minute 5k I was running in May.....ain't happening. yes I typed ain't. My friend Emily reminded me how much my body has physically went through and I guess it makes sense. Its probably because I don't really FEEL it when I'm in the hospital (only when I get fevers) so it's just something I never think about. I mean, I feel okay, I act okay, I get a bit tired than normal.....so it just doesn't make sense...to me. But I gots to slow my roll and take it one step at a time. But don't get me wrong.....I'll be up and running a marathon sometime this year....or at least a half.

So after my awful day 1 in the hospital things got better. They drew blood cultures for a couple days and one came back positive....or negative....whichever is the bad one.....so they just said a week of antibiotics at home  orally (no via IV....thank GOODNESS) will clear me right up. I get to go home a lot earlier than I thought.....TODAY.....just as soon as my nurse types up my discharge papers.....but I've learned not to get my hopes up too much or too quick because those suckers can take FOREVER. So my room looks the same, I think I'm going to shower here because I know as soon as I get home I'm going to want to light some fall scented candles, change into comfortable clothes, pop into starbucks for a carmel something, and turn on my heater....and sit.

But I can't get too comfortable because I got to make a trip to the wig store and also get a white count booster shot at the cancer center around 3. Now that I got a fancy camera I can take a little better pictures of what it looks like because everyone needs to see this place!

Also....i just realized that my donation page link was messed up~!! nooooooooo! But don't worry, I think I got it figured out.....so here....if I'm correct, is the donation page to the breast cancer run I'm doing this weekend. If you feel like giving back a little, this is a great cause and it's tax deductible! and if this link doesn't work.....well.....idk what to say.

https://secure.info-komen.org/site/Donation2?6303.donation=form1&idb=1517196331&df_id=6303&FR_ID=2128&PROXY_ID=8856398&PROXY_TYPE=20

Okay well I'm going to shower and start moving around.....even though this bed is way warm....i got to get out of this place...........

ONE MORE ROUND...............................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

much love,
kim

No comments:

Post a Comment