Visitors

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Day 190: 365 days until my birthday.... :)

I had a great day yesterday. It was really relaxing. I woke up and went for a run with my friend emily. We ran a few laps around the apartment complex and it was something that I needed. I was so tired and it was hard to get out of bed but...i managed. Then I came back to my place, took a shower, then didn't go back to sleep! crazy right? Then I met a friend for lunch around noon at BJ's. It was DELICIOUS.....THEN, since I was already by the mall I went and bought a few things at Forever 21. After that, I ran around running errands and even made a visit to the American Cancer Society- OKC chapter and it was very informative. I even got a free wig out of it....HUMAN hair at that. After a long visit i went and updated my US Cellular contract and I got a sweet new android phone.....it's really hard for me to learn and I feel like I need another degree to understand everything. Kinda how I felt when I first got my blackberry. After that I went home and took a quick nap before meeting up with some teacher friends at a house and they threw me a mini birthday party....complete with queso, crunchy tacos, spanish rice, and red velvet cupcakes! I got a lot of balloons and some fun gifts. :)

Also my sister hooked me up with some pretty sweet gifts....all the way from Afghanistan. :) She got me a day at the spa gift certificate. I set up my appointment and even got to tour the facility. Everything was pink, blingy, and it smelled so good in there! I'm pretty excited about it....I just have to have a doctors "release" note to say it's okay for me to get a massage. :) YAYY!! :)

So anyways, I had a good birthday. :)

As for chemo....I'm going in tomorrow (for real this time) and I won't get out until Monday. So I'll miss the WHOLE weekend....and it's OU/TEXAS weekend. how lame. But luckily, a friend of mine has offered to bring me HOT WINGS...mmmm.....and watch the game with me. She's awesome.

So i had the weirdest thing happen to me today. All day I've been laying around not doing much. I didn't even go outside. So around 7, I was watching the cosby show on netflix and all of a sudden I got COLD. I started to shiver and everything. Of course, I got worried because my head felt heavy and I couldn't get warm at all. So I changed into some sweats and laid under my covers on my couch. Then, I wasn't warming up so I put on some socks and grabbed my heating pad and tried to get warm. I put on a warm hat because I still couldn't get warm. THEN i took my temperature because this feeling was the same as when I was shivering in the hospital for an infection....so this scared me. but it happened so sudden. Then I noticed that it wasn't really sunny outside so I figured that the temperature outside had just went down and my huge sliding door was making it cold inside. So then I turned the HEATER on and went to sleep. Next thing I knew, I woke up HOTTER THAN THE SUN. I got up to get some cod water and a wash cloth for my forehead and when I woke up I felt a little weak....and heavy.....if that makes sense. My head was hurting and I couldn't seem to get cool. I was fanning myself and even changed back into shorts and a tshirt.... I then turned down the heater and STILL was burning up. it was so uncomfortable. Finally I turned on my ceiling fan and cooled down a little. I took some tylenol (usually what they give me in the hospital when I get "fevers") and even a benadryl so I can just knock myself out and sleep it off.....After about 10 minutes, my body temperature finally came down and now I'm fine. I took my temperature and it was normal....well normal for me....96.2.....my temperature runs low these days probably because of my head. but all is well now, nothing to worry about. :)

OKAY well nothing else has happened. my 5k is on the 15th.....and TOMORROW IS A BLOOD DRIVE AT NORTHWEST CLASSEN HIGH SCHOOL. THE BLOOD DRIVE will be "in my honor" so if you have time....go out and donate. :)

well, that's it for today....i'm about to fix myself some food and hopefully the benadryl will kick in. :)

kim

here is a picture from my birthday...i was singing along with everyone and pointing to me when they would say, happy birthday to kim....muahahahaha!

photo by a fellow teacher. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment