Visitors

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Day 221: Can I Go Home Already?!

OMG.........I'm still in the dang hospital! Ahhh!! I'm officially going crazy from boredom and I'm probably on the verge of starvation. I ordered breakfast about an hour ago (simple toasted bagel and cereal) and nothing. Luckily, I stock up on fruits to snack on between meals so I have an orange to eat to hold me over until then.

Anyways, they took out my picc line yesterday because, go figure, it was the source of my infection. I guess the plastic being in my blood grew something. So I'm picc line-less and if feels great! I finally showered and scrubbed my arm and now I feel clean! The bad news is that when I go in and get cbc stuff they WILL have to stick me....ahhhhh!! Maybe it won't be bad.

So right now they restarted my fluids (they stopped them yesterday morning) because my liver enzymes (i think) were too high. I told EVERYONE about my wiggin out party tonight (everyone who comes has to wear a wig) to celebrate chemo being over and the doctors are doing everything they can to get me out of here. My nurse today is also awesome and really on top of things. I had her earlier in the week and told her about the party and she has been pushing for me to go home as well. Just another reason that being nice to everyone is a good thing around here....and I guess the fact that I don't ask for anything, ever helps too. :)

Other than that, since they found specifically where my infection is coming from and what it is, they will be able to give me an oral antibiotic that I can continue at home. (YES!)

Okay well I'll update later on what happens. Pray and send happy thoughts that my liver stuff goes down so I can get out of here!! Until then, I'm going to lay here, watch Lean On Me, and wait.

much love,
kim

No comments:

Post a Comment