Visitors

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Day 225: It can only go UP from here...

Three days out of the hospital....and I'm feeling okay. I'm tired (fatigue) from probably a low hemoglobin. How I know this?? Well after almost 8 months of chemo, you really get to know your body. And it passed my hand/palm test. I feel like I look pale too. And as I make my daily Ramen Noodles, my trip from my couch or my bed to my kitchen is hard work. By the time I get to my kitchen, find a pot, fill it with water, open the package of ramen noodles, turn on the stove and wait....I'm TIRED. I usually have a stool I carry with me around the apartment (sad I know) so I can sit anywhere. For instance, when I make a sandwich, it's a lot of work and I just cant seem to stand the entire time while assembling it (unless I have blood) so I usually sit down by the fridge (on my stool) and make it. Sounds sooo weird but you quickly have to make accommodations for yourself if you live by yourself. But it'll all soon be back to normal and I can be normal again. lol.

Right now, I'm having some weird symptoms from the treatment. I don't have my normal metallic taste in my mouth, so food tastes normal....but I do have a god awful soreness to my mouth. Like it's on the verge of mouth sores but nothing like that has formed. It sorta hurts to talk and definitely to eat solid foods. Well I shouldn't say hurts...it's really really uncomfortable. It hurts to brush my teeth and when I rinse my mouth (which happens every TWO hours and after anything I eat). I just keep telling myself, "this is the last time I have to do this." 

Also, I've been having random pain in my abdomen that only lasts for about 10 seconds. I can't tell if I'm hungry or what. I don't eat a lot of food as it is so when I take medications this could be a side effect....or IDK if it has anything to do with my liver?? I've been keeping a log of times when it hurts and it seems to getting better. The pain is like...when your really really hungry and your stomach starts to growl and you feel like you can eat your arm....plus the side cramp feeling you get while your exercising (from the greasy unhealthy food you're suppose to stay away from) and it feels like you just need to use the restroom or lay down and curl up in a ball. lol. we've all been there before. Only its in my abdomen area rather than my side. 

I've also been waking up SUPER early. I'm trying not to take sleeping pills unless I absolutely have to because I don't want to get addicted to them. So far it's working out. I just wish I had enough blood in me to go for a run while I'm up at weird hours of the morning (weird for me, not for normal working people).

anyways, other than that, life at home has been good. I'm about to get ready, bundle up, and brave the cold to visit a few of my co-workers at school....i missed them so much!! :)

kim

1 comment:

  1. Hi just wondering if the docters told you what the purple rash was and what medication was used to cure it, my son has the same thing and I would love it if you could please help us

    ReplyDelete