Visitors

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Day 232: My Halloween Decorations Are Still Up

Yes, that's right. My apartment still looks like Halloween threw up. During my "recovery" time this round, I've always had no energy to be climbing around taking stuff down...my solution? Don't invite people over. haha.

So update since Monday night...I got a call early Tuesday morning from my doctor's nurse telling me my platelets were LOW (i called it!). She told me to get to the hospital within the hour to get a platelet transfusion. Well I got there around 10, checked in, and waited. I was at the regular hospital (not edmond) and I swear they are slow like molasses. EVERYTHING took 5x longer than it should. and there wasn't even a lot of people in there! lame right? Well anyways, I got started around 1pm and I got two units of platelets and MAN OH MAN does it make a difference! My scar thingys seems to be healing quicker and i can finally brush my teeth without the PAIN I felt before. And my nose isn't bleeding every 2 minutes...yay. So that was Tuesday....

Today I went in around 2:30 to get my normal cbc blood test and they had to stick me with a needle once again. UGHH...the nurse made the comment to me, "well if I didn't know you were getting chemo, I would assume you did a lot of drugs from all these bruises on your arms." WELL THANKS LADY. lol. I kinda laughed it off and came back with....Well, they aren't as bad as Julia Roberts in Steel Magnolias....cricket.:.cricket:......

WHY DON'T PEOPLE GET MY JOKES???!! lol

anyways, after I got my quick test, I requested for a printout of my results from MONDAY's cbc....and yeeeahhh.............

My white count was.....0.1 (ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......it's been like this SINCE i got out of the hospital)
          **GOOD NEWS though....nurse called today and said they moved to 0.5 today..on their own)

My Red count was 2.69 (normal: 3.9 - 5.10) ----> getting there.

My Hemoglobin on Monday was a 8.4 (remember I got a blood transfusion on Friday)
          **BAD NEWS....they went DOWN to a 7.4 according to today's cbc

My Platelet Count was a 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!! **reminder..."normal" is 140-440
          **another reminder....when I was FIRST diagnosed.....my platelet count was an 8.

My potassium was a little lower than normal...but I got me some potassium pills to fix that problemo.

So with this being said....TOMORROW....i will have ANOTHER blood transfusion. UGGGHHHHHH......
IDK what's going on with my body. My theory is that with all these infections I had while in the hospital and the random "spots" on my legs that are now in the "healing" process...my body had to work OVERTIME to repair them.

I go to the doctor on Friday so these issues I'm SURE will be discussed. For now....I just spend TWO hours in the gym and burned about 900 calories (low hemoglobin and all) so I'm wiped out. I'm about to crank up the heater, break out the heating pad, and put on some comfortable PJ's.....and call it a night. It's been a LONG day and tomorrow is gonna be even longer.

I'll keep you updated on everything.

**EXTRA SIDE NOTE: I FEEL GREAT. no lie. I've been to the gym everyday since Saturday. I started out running but now have opted to fast walking on an incline and it's brutal. I lift weights as well and I can't tell you how much better I feel and how much better I eat. If I can do it, you can do it.

**EXTRA EXTRA side note....I know what my Halloween costume will be next year....SUPERWOMAN! yeah buddy! :)

love you all, good night.

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment