Visitors

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Day 71: the show goes on

Alright so as of today, I've been out of the hospital for 8 days. All is well except I have to sit for 5 hours a day (usually from 12-5) and give myself my medications the my iv. I got a portable iv stand thingy sent to my apartment and all my meds are sent to my house in a week supply. The nurse comes in every week to take my vitals and draw my blood. For the most part the whole thing is pretty easy but it's just terrible to sit and wait for the fluids to go thru me in the middle of the day. But I'm working on trying to push it back a little each day so I can administer it in the morning instead. That is valuable pool time I'm missing. I need my tan to come back.

Any who, other than that everything has been running smooth. I started walking (not yet running) again and I can feel a difference in my muscles. It always feels funny When I walk faster than I usually do (before cancer, I was always a slow walker anyway)....so probably normal people pace, my muscles feel funny and my lungs hurt. But everyday that gets better so I should be up and running (literally) again soon. :)

So latest news for today....we had an early morning with the home nurse coming and she changed my "dressing" on my picc line....which took forever!....then she drew my blood and was on her way. Then I started to crave donuts and wanted to walk to dunkin donuts. But then I had a craving for a pan era bagel,....so my mom and I went to get breakfast and then today my plan was to clean/organize my room so I dragged my mom to target with me to buy more storage things and just as we pulled into my apartment driveway, my doctors nurse called. :( she said she had got my lab results back and my hemoglobin was really low and I need not one, not two, but three blood transfusions starting at 7 am!! Ugh. So right now I'm getting typed and crossed at the hospital. Tomorrow I'll blog more.....love u all!

Remission!

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment