Visitors

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Day 64: Tired

So I'm STILL in the hospital. I don't know if in my previous blog I mentioned that I was suppose to get out YESTERDAY but I definitely was. Unfortunately, my anti-fungal infection medication started at 3 so it was around 7 when I finished the whole cycle. So right before the cycle started, I had a new medication that I was given (through IV) for a urinary tract infection (gross, i know). BUT, I had an allergic reaction to it. I started getting itchy on my legs and face and when my mom came back from getting coffee down the hall, she was staring at my face and she was quick to tell me about the red spots on my face. awesome right??

So they stopped that medication as soon as I told them and they saw my reaction. They left it alone and started my other meds and it went away as soon as it came. I wasn't feeling too hott so I fell asleep for a bit. Anyways, after 7 when my IV was finished, they didn't let me go because they wanted to get new medications for my UTI before they discharge me. So last night my mom and I took a walk around the hospital and it was a challenge. I had shoes on and it was just weird to walk. IDK if it was the Ambien I took right before we took off but it was hard to walk. I felt like a newborn learning to walk. I did good though, I only had to sit down once but I did sleep a more than I usually do at night so maybe again tonight I'll go for another walk. BTW everyone stares at you if you have no hair. lol

Alright so I'm here again in the hospital for another day (i hope just one) and it is terrible. It seems like the hospital bed gets worse the closer you get to leaving. it's awful because I'm so bored and it seems like all I do is watch TV, eat disgusting food, and lay around. so lame. I get tired but I can't sleep. it's annoying.

So please hope that I go home tomorrow. I know as soon as I get home I'm going to sleep on my couch! lol. I got so used to sleeping on it when I was really sick before my diagnosis and when I was sick at home earlier. I miss it. lol.

pray for me...

kim

No comments:

Post a Comment