Visitors

Monday, June 27, 2011

Day 90: Productivity

90 days in....it's hard to believe.


Today I feel....happy.


LOL. It's the beginning of chemo day 2 and I feel fine. No funny side effects or anything. I'm on million pills a day and still on a blood thinner. Evaluating my counts over the past days I guess being healthy really will help your health. LOL.....I'm a genius. I mean really, if everyone took 10 minutes at the least a day to shut off the tv, computers, or video games and just enjoy life outside and walk or take a jog...i think people would be a lot happier (not at the moment of course, lol). Just an opinion...that has yet to fully form. But noticing my counts over the couple weeks, as soon as I started running and working out again my counts noticeably jumped. CRAZY!!

Anyways, I got more chemo this morning around 5 or 6 but I didn't even notice. I took some Ambien last night to help me sleep and it knocked me out until around 8 or 9 this morning. I've been hooked up to the chemo that flows between it all day so once again, I have to use the restroom every hour. After sitting around for a bit I decided to be productive. I started researching financial assistance grants and came across scholarships for cancer patients/survivors, and even what they call a LIFEGRANT. they basically give you $5,000 if you get picked and you can do whatever you want with it as long as it benefits the community....umm HELLO....KIM BEGAY 5k Run.....That would be awesome or even something cool to do with my soccer boys like maybe a soccer camp that THEY put on to help younger kids...my mind was flowing with ideas and it got me excited....too bad I didn't write any down. LOL.

And then when I moved on about that, I looked up scholarship eligibility that is out there for cancer patients/survivors and....I'm eligible for a LOT of them. So next year I hope to do some grad school here while I finish up my 5 years and i'm OUTTA HERE and ready for grad school.

I'm so glad that I got he kick in the pants that I needed to actually be productive. I miss the feeling of getting exciting, imagining the possibilities, and putting things in motion and most of all...talking about it and bouncing ideas off people. okay I'm way excited now. haha!

.....
....
.,.
..
.
a doctor came in and i guess they're gonna do my intrathecal chemo (spinal tap) sometime today. who knows when....i'm ready to get it over with...and I do highly enjoy field trips around the hospital. lol

Well other than that, I'm still here. Trying to take it day by day and really think about things that are going on....and so far. i don't regret anything. :)

continuous prayers and good thoughts are always welcomed and appreciated.

Much Love,
Kim


This is ONE round of pills I got to take two times a day....and between these two major doses I probably get another good 15 spread out...geez!!

No comments:

Post a Comment