Visitors

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Day 89: To be worn out is to be renewed.

" I've decided that the stuff falling through the cracks is confetti and I'm having a party!"

This is a quote that a friend of mine sent to me via text. Along with it he said that when he read this he immediately thought of me. and I like the quote so I thought I'd share. think about it.

ANyways, i STILL haven't started the ACTUAL chemo treatment. So far they've just been playing around thinking I'm on vacation. LOL. I'm still on my pre-fluids but the nurse just came in to give me some oral pills and she was looking at my prescription list and found that the actual chemo meds have been ordered....SO she's going to find out as well as bring me a print out of my counts.

Well things have been sorta looking up. I started paying payments on my mercy medical bills (i put it off long enough) and I talked with a financial lady and she gave me some great info. Also I found out that I can actually APPLY (like college scholarships) for "grants" to help me pay. I just got to send "my story" and pray I get an application. YAY! I found 3 or 4 I'm going to try and apply for I just need to get to a printer and print documents off to submit.

Other than that, I've just been hanging around in the hospital walking around a lot trying to keep from pure boredom...i need more visitors!!

ALSO....I'm officially signed up for a 5k on July 9th! I'm excited to run again...my only goal is to try to beat my 40 minute time. It might be a challenge because my lungs aren't as strong but I'm trying to get people to run with me so it'll make me run faster...or just longer. I still haven't got past the 2 mile mark. but as soon as I get out of here I'm gonna hit the pavement hard and do some work. I'll try for just making it three miles a day walk or run....

Alright well my nurse just gave me a printout of the weeks counts...

Wednesday - My first outpatient check up with my doctor before I got admitted.
my hemoglobin was at 11.2...yeeeaahh buddy! my platelet count was at a 215 (remember I was at an 8 when I came in LOL) and my white blood count was at a 5.9. still on the low end but definitely higher than a 0.1.

Thursday (day I got admitted to the hospital.)
Hemoglobin - 10.5
Platelet- 210
White Blood- 5.9

Friday (actual first hospital stay)
uhh never mind it stkipped it on the paper. LOL

Saturday (yesterday)
hemoglobin - 11.0
Platelet - 197
White Blood -5.1

annnndd Today
Hemoglobin - 10.1 :(
Platelet - 184
White blood - 4.8

My counts will continue to drop because of chemo but I was pretty proud of my wednesday counts...I was still considered "low" but overall....YYAAAYYY!!!! :)

Alright well there are other results but I need my med school friends to explain it to me. LOL

Pray that chemo starts today. I'm ready to get it over with so I can go home!

xoxo
kim

No comments:

Post a Comment