Visitors

Monday, September 12, 2011

Day 166: Guess Who's Back....Back Again....

THAT's right.....it's that time again.....chemo ROUUUNNNDDD 6.

I didn't "prepare" the day/night before like I usually do thinking....oh, the hospital doesn't call me until around 4 anyway, I'll just pack tomorrow...and what happens?? You're right, OU called me at 8am telling me my bed is ready. awesome. And of course, I snoozed until about 10:30 off and on then finally got up and packed my stuff. My intention was to get here early enough to start the chemo ASAP.....and it's 11 now....and i'm just now starting. Not that I would do anything productive anyway but it was worth a shot. This time at the hospital I brought my lemon pepper and spices with me so I can spruce up the food. I totally forgot my taco bell sauces though....so no quesadilla's for me this round. By the end of all this, I'll be on professional chemo patient. 

So anyways, I've been feeling great this week. No fevers, no nausea, no nothing. I even got the energy to run a mile a day last week and it was fabulous. Of course, I'll have to start back over as soon as I get out but I'm just thankful to have the energy to run....whereas some days I don't have the energy to shower everyday. 

I'm completely wired right now because once again...i'm on the steroids for both my body and my eyes and my heart is racing. And I'm pretty sure as soon as I fall asleep, the nurse will pop in with more chemo at 2 or 3am. Oh the joys of the hospital. And on top of that, I'm in room in the middle of everything. I have an annoying neighbor whose TV i can hear through my wall and it's messing up my Jersey Shore Marathon I have going on. I guess that's karma for playing my music too loud last time I was in here. And I'm across the hall from the "family area." which is basically a room full of couches, a refrigerator, microwave, etc so everyone and their dogs are coming in and out of there all the time. Oh well, it's better than being stuck at the end of the hall and seeing no one. lol. 

Okay well, I've got to get up and walk around or else I'm going to scream. haha. I'll write more tomorrow. 

kim

No comments:

Post a Comment