Visitors

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Day 155: Over IT

Sorry my loyal readers but I've been enjoying my time OUT of the hospital. I haven't gotten sick or anything (YAY!) or felt crummy. I thought my hemoglobin might be low because whenever I would peel myself up from my bed or my couch and walk to the kitchen to get some food, I would be sooo out of breath. I felt like this the past two days but DON'T worry...I took it VERY easy and just sat in my apartment and slept most of the day. I finally made it out yesterday and went to Taft to print off stuff and also to the grocery store (FINALLY) for food....I love ramen noodles and all but after surviving off them, I needed a break. lol. Today I feel a lot better and a little more energized....just in time for the WEEKEND. I didn't do anything but continue to rest in my apartment because my sleep patterns are sooooo off! Since I've been napping like my cat all day I can't sleep at night and usually just stay up and watch my netflix. Last night I was up until the sun came up....it was nice. I sat outside on my balcony and watched the sun rise...it was relaxing. Then I crashed. lol.

Anyways, I got my counts printout on Monday and everything is looking GOOD. before I got my neulasta shot...which is a one time white cell booster shot....my Hemoglobin was at a 9.8....YAY!.....this means my blood infection is gone b/c I can finally produce my own blood!....my white cell was at a 4.5.....which is the "low" end of a normal person (4.0-11.0)....all on my OWN!.....and my platelets were completely normal for a normal person.....at a 239.....(normal is 140-440).

Tomorrow I'll go in for an actual doctors appointment at 9am.....hello ambien tonight.....and get my day 11 dose of chemo (its only a syringe type dose) to complete my 5th round and I'll be taking some steroids but nothing should change except my appetite....I'll be eating everything in sight! I'll also get my cbc results from wednesday and just kind of compare them and see how everything is changing. I will also be asking if I can return to work on the off days of chemo and isolate myself at a boring desk job to help out the office at the school get stuff back in order. I hope my doctor releases me because IDK if I can get any darker from being at the pool....and i'm just BORED at home when I do feel good and not tired. So we'll see.

Well other than that, it's LABOR DAY weekend and most of my friends have a 3 or 4 day weekend....so I'm off to Dallas for the weekend to meet up with my younger brother and I'm pretty excited. Just to get away. I haven't seen my brother since my Mercy Hospital days back in April so this should be nice to get away and be with family and have a good time. AND OU FOOTBALL STARTS ON SATURDAY!!! YAYYYY....

Then I'll have next week to hang out and then....round 6.....uuugggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Okay well, I need to go purchase a wig for the weekend because the wig I usually wear the most is getting disgusting so....why not?

I hope everyone has a fabulous day and I'll try to update more tomorrow after my doc's appt. :)

much love,
kim

this is the new cancer center at OU....it's SOOOO nice outside and even better inside....sometimes I just hang out there after my appt's just because it's so peaceful and stinkin' nice. :)

these are HALF of the prescriptions that I have accumulated. I'm at the point now that I won't even have to take my prescriptions to be filled....i just have to look through these. GEEZ. 

these are flowers my sister sent me all the way from Afghanistan (she's deployed). So when I got out of the hospital on Friday....they were waiting for me to get home. It was such a rough treatment (compared to others) and I was a little down but these perked me right up!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment