Visitors

Friday, September 2, 2011

Day156: greeeeeeeeaaattt news

It's 9:56 and I'm soooooo tired. Luckily I took some ambien and got somewhat of a good rest last night for my doctors appointment this morning.....and it went GREAT!

When my actual doctor came in she commented on the complexion of my skin and how dark I was. Lol. If you haven't seen me lately I'm DARK!! Lol. Then she commented it was probably because I actually have red blood cells. Lol.

Then our conversation went to how I was feeling and I told her about my two tired days and my nights I don't sleep.....it's normal. I guess if that's my biggest chemo problem, I'm doing alright. I then asked about working at the school in the main office doing administrative stuff and she said yes. Especially since both my fungal infection and bacteria infection didn't stem from the outside world....it was strictly my body having a war with itself and when my white counts were the lowest, the bacteria/fungal colony spread like wildfire....in turn, making me sick.but that's not gonna happen again because two things don't happen twice in this Navajo. :) I like to stick with what my friend Lisa told me when all of this got started and I was miserable with mouth sores.....she said "maybe your just getting the entire chemo experience. So once you have something you won't have to go thru it again and god is just getting the hard stuff out of the way so by the end, you'll have experienced it and you can move on." (yes Lisa you said this when I was in mercy b/c after you left it stuck with me and I wrote it down.)

Whenever I go thru difficult procedures or during the few times I'm actually feeling sick, I think of this and say....I only have to do this once in my life. Suck it up.

Oh I just have a different way of thinking....so anyways, back to what I was saying....I asked to partially work in the office @ school and she said yes!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! This is super exciting to me b/c I'm so bored @ home.....I need to get back into the swing of things and have a schedule. The doc said it may even help my sleeping habits....yay! So I guess I'll start working on Tuesday again....and even though I won't be working directly with my students, I'll at least be back in civilization....I'm so excited!! :)

Other than that, I got paperwork returned to me for some financial aid that I gave to the docs in the hospital. So i gotta finish that up and send it off and cross my fingers I get something......anything.

So overall...it's been a great productive day!! Now I'm sitting in the chemotherapy infusion center (where I usually go for CBC draws and shots) wait for a dose of my last chemo of cycle 5. It's just an injection push so after all these pre-fluids getin me it shouldn't take long.

Alright well this is an awesome start to my weekend and I even get to see my brother so Its gonna bea good one....I just know it...and I deserve it if I don't say so myself.

Hope everyone has a happy Friday!!!

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment