Visitors

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Day 174: Positive Attitude

Well today started out AWFUL.....I was awaken at 3am by my apartment security BANGING at my door....it scared me because I had fallen asleep on my couch fairly early so I was in a pretty deep sleep. I threw on a baseball cap, opened the door, and they said, "are you Ms. Begay??" I said yes and they said "Are you aware that you car has been broken into??"

My response...."why would I know at 3am if my car was broken into??"

haha...oops, I was obviously cranky. Anyways, so my car got broke into and I was so upset. The driver side window was bashed in and there was glass everywhere. I went out to asses the damage and it was exactly as I pictured it. I guess they saw my GPS stand on my dashboard and assumed my gps was in there....it was in the middle console and of course, they took it. :( However, they did not take the actual cord that attaches to it so IDK how they're gonna manage to use it. My package of cancer bracelets were everywhere, they broke my sunglasses, and I guess they thought they would find an ipod attached to my aux cord but I luckily didn't leave that in my car. My glove box wasn't open....the back seat was completely untouched....and my $100 watch was still in there. So obviously these "robbers" were kids or teenagers tryna make a dollar or two off simple electronics. OH and they totally jacked my change holder thingy that had over $4 worth of change in it....and I didn't realize it was gone until I stopped at sonic for breakfast and didn't have it....I think that made me more angry that they took that than my gps....lol IDK why....i'm so weird.

anyways, I took it into the auto glass place that wasn't busy at all and went ahead and replaced the window as well as my cracked windshield I've been putting off replacing. So I figured my day was ruined but being the new person I am....I looked at the positive side and was thankful that they didn't try to steal my car or vandalize it. A GPS can be replaced (thank goodness mine is still under warranty!) so I took my cancer approach....said "it happened, I can't do anything about it....pouting won't help anything".....i can't feel sorry for myself....so I'm just gonna fix it and move on. and I did....and guess what? My day got exponentially better!!

I'm so thankful for my friends/support system I have. I had a friend pick me up from the auto glass place and take me to work, I received a very generous gift from another on my way to work, and I just had an all around good day at school. Seeing my main support system (school teacher friends) always makes me happier and I even stayed somewhat busy at work. :) My car was fixed by 4 so I was able to pick it up after school with no problem. It wasn't as expensive as I thought it would be and I even got a little UPS surprise package from my sister.....it's funny how life can have such perfect timing for things like that. My sister got me some sweet hot pink running shoes that are special "cancer edition" "READY.SET.CURE." shoes....oh and a movie to watch! :) The little things like that made my day 100,000x's better and almost made me completely forgot that my car was even broken into.  crazy right??

Then later, I did some laundry at two friends house and they were even kind enough to cook some taco salad for me.....so overall, life has been good today. I guess it just proves to me that letting little things go and moving on is hard but once you can do it, good things will come. IDK if that even makes sense but I know It works for me and I'm gonna stick to it. :)

Well, other than that, I'm still getting fatigued easily when I do things too fast. I have labs scheduled for tomorrow and I'm hoping I can stop by and see a doctor for a reason I wish not to put on here. I have a little pain sometimes and I've been ignoring it and now it's getting worse. I don't think it's anything to be worried about but it's still uncomfortable at times. we'll see what happens.

Until next time I write....have a good day/night....be positive and let the little things go... :) i love you all and thanks to those of you who had a part in my day....and even if you think you didn't....you're reading this and supporting me now. so thanks. love you all.

kim

No comments:

Post a Comment