Visitors

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Day 102: Life...or something like it.

UGGGHHHH it's 6:46am and I've already been up for almost an hour. IDK why but I'm anxious or nervous. I think I'm just scarred I'm gonna get sick or something.

On the plus side...i did get to watch a beautiful sunrise. I sat outside on my patio for a bit and it felt good to just sit and relax. I opened the vertical blinds in my apartment to let light in and it's a bit refreshing. Einstein (my cat) certainly likes it.

So I had my "doctor's" (i met with my doctors PA) appointment on Friday and everything went well. I told her about my fatigue and told her I have been laying on my couch the past week having pregnancy cravings & ridiculous hot flashes...she laughed and said it was normal. She was a bit concerned about my back and neck pains. I told them they have gotten aLOT better since I've been out but I guess I'm not suppose to be having them. She then found out that I had to have TWO attempts at the spinal chemo and she said it was probably the poking around that messed something up. GO FIGURE.

Today my back pain is AWFUL. I feel like I've been lifting heavy things ALL DAY LONG and lifting with my back and not my legs.... The muscles around my spine feel sore and it travels from the bottom of my back to my neck....:( When I lay down it relieves the pressure but I still have an uncomfortable feeling that is annoying. I really just need a massage. LOL. THEN when I get up, I have a feeling that comes over me that my back is going to go out. It doesn't happen all the time but these past two days have been especially rough. So if you see me get up and i all of a sudden freeze and make a sour face....you know why.

I go in everyday this week for a shot to help boost my white cell count so if it gets worse, I'll schedule me an appointment. On a more positive note....my appetite and taste buds are about 96% back to normal. YEEEEAAAHHHH BUDDY.

Now I just got to get his back problem "straightened out" (hahahahaha!) and get myself back to running and I'll be GOLDEN.

until then, I'm doing a lot of snacking and laying around....yikes! that's a recipe for danger.

I know what everyone is thinking....I need to take it easy and let my body heal...it's been through a lot......I've heard it a MILLION times. It's just hard to sit around my apartment all day and do nothing. But I'm resting as much as I can, but if this whole thing doesn't work or get better in a few days....i'm going back to running the pain out!!

but let's hope it doesn't come to that. :)

Alright well....in other news, I have seriously considered going back to school to get a nursing degree. random?? Well the thing is....i appreciate and respect nurses a LOT more now than I used to. Not just because my life is in their hands but now that I have seen first hand what they REALLY do....it's interesting to me and I think going to nursing school would be more meaningful than just having a degree. So i've been looking into BS to BSN programs....and I could totally do it. I would be one awesome nurse. And if I got sick of the medical industry, I'll always have teaching...

it's just a thought i've been throwing around and researching a little.

Alright well I'm about to make me a breakfast burrito and I guess watch movies because I have NO idea what's on this early on TV. LOL. :)

Everyone have a fab day and try to stay cool!! it's HOTTT outside i'm sure. :)

xoxo

kim

No comments:

Post a Comment