Visitors

Monday, July 25, 2011

Day 117: HA HA HA HA!

I've been in this place for a little over 2 and a half hours and I have been looking up random STUFF about cancer (scholarships, financial aid, young adult stuff...etc) AND i came across these top ten things...I thought they were hilarious so I thought I'd share.



Top 10 Ways to Deal with Chemo Brain


*****The phrase "chemo brain" has come to be used by cancer survivors to describe changes in memory, attention, concentration, and abilities to perform various mental tasks that are associated with receiving chemotherapy treatments for cancer. ******

**And YES i have experience chemo brain...i'm sure most of you already know that though. LOL**




10. Swear to everyone that you were a "blonde" before you lost your hair.

9. Tell people that your brain, "temporarily shuts down during chemo to prevent excessive loss of brain cells"

8. Spend the next 20 minutes trying to actually remember and articulate #9.

7. When your brain gives out and you stumble over a sentence, look the person directly in the eye and say, "Did you catch all that?"

6. Wait, what was I talking about?

5. Look at your oncologist and say, "Whoa! You're treating me for WHAT?!?"

4. Proudly announce that, "At least it doesn't affect my ability to drive!"

3. (For the Girls) Tell everyone it gives you a chance to live in a man's shoes for a change

2. (For the Guys) Hey, now you have a legitimate excuse to forget birthdays and anniversaries.

1. Wait, what was I talking about?

When all else fails, just pretend you're having flashbacks from 'Nam... even if you weren't born until 1982.



annnnnd one more....I may have to use these because a lot of people i know are just now finding out that I was diagnosed with cancer...geez. :) i still love them. :)

Top 10 ways to cut the cancer conversation short

10. Yeah, well, I was getting sick of my haircut so I figured, why not?
9. You should see how many presents I got. It was totally worth it.
8. Chemo is a great way to lose weight.
7. People are a lot nicer when they think you might die.
6. It was a perfect opportunity to get caught up on all my soaps.
5. Yeah it sucked, but look at this bad-ass scar!
4. How else do you think I got into college? They can't turn down a cancer survivor.
3. Now I get to wear this trendy yellow bracelet.
2. I don't really remember it. I was too drunk most of the time.
1. It's okay, I didn't have anything scheduled for that year anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment