Visitors

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Day 119: Sleeping Pills are No Joke!

I guess it was a combination of being extremely tired and the new sleeping pill doxepin that I took last night but I'm STILL tired. I went to sleep around 10:30 or 11 last night after taking my pill around 9:30. It didn't have the ambien effect of making me woozy or to the point that I was about to just pass out. Instead, I finished what I was doing with no problem and made myself lay down. Then *BAM* next thing I know my nurse is saying in a LOUD shout "KIM!" just to wake me up. It was around 1am and she had to wake me up to put some steriod eye drops in, give me a pill, and get a urine sample (yuck!). I mean I must've been OUT because she was giggling when I actually did wake up and I was still sleepy b/c I could barely make it to the restroom without almost falling over. LOL. As soon as I went to sleep she said she'll be back in 4 hours for more eye drops. I don't really remember putting the eye drops in but I remember her being in the room. I fell back asleep then I remember my IV beeping because my chemo was done (it was round 6:40am) and I just looked at it and rolled over and let it beep. haha...I was out of it. SO then I hear the nurses come in for their shift change rotation (where they tell the "new" nurse all about me) stuff. They then drew my blood and I"m pretty sure I was asleep for that as well. I mean these pills were NO JOKE. I guess it would've been a better experience if I was actually left alone to SLEEP....but it was still kinda fun b/c the whole time I was thinking to myself....MAN these pills REALLY work.

There isn't a lot going on today. I start my second part of the chemo regimen today in about 30 minutes. I took a pretty lengthy walk this morning up and down the halls as I waited on my breakfast to arrive. It felt nice and my legs still work! I got a friend to bring my stretchy band I got from my physical therapist so I can do bed exercises while I sit around and watch TV.

So today i'm a little bummed because today is the official first day for teachers to report back for the 2011-2012 school year. I'm so sad that I can't start the year...and that I'll be out for the first 2 or 3 months. I love working in general...and working with students is even better! I'm going to miss coaching soccer and developing a relationship with the soccer team. For the past two years (more last year than anything) those were my boys. I would do anything I could to help them and they knew that. They loved me just as much as I loved them. :( But I need to get better and my health is what is important. I sitl want to help out as much as I can...granted I can't do a lot sitting around my apartment or hospital bed...but you just never know, we'll see.

hmm okay well chemo starts in 20 minutes and I still need to shower and put on my sweet purple sheets since my smell and taste buds are changing....hospital sheets, you got to go. :) THen  i'm going to SLEEP. lol.

have a great day!

kim

AAANNNDDDD......the doctors said that my white counts went UP again.....i mean really....i'm at a 4.5 now. And I thought the point of chemo was to knock them down....lol. They'll eventually start going down but for now....i'm still doing good! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment