Visitors

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Day 113: So Good.

I have been having a fabulous week!

I have my doctors appointment tomorrow morning in the new OU Cancer Center (exciting!) and my assumption is that I'll start my LAST MAJOR ROUND of chemo next week. Unless I can be 100% guaranteed that I will for sure START on Saturday or Sunday I'll wait until Monday to go in. My experience with hospitals is that NOTHING gets done on the weekend so I'd rather NOT sit around and collect a bill. LOL.

Other than that, I'm still feeling healthy. I'm working out (well trying to) but keeping motivated to workout is hard....School starts in a couple days (10!) but unfortunately, if i start chemo, i'll miss the first couple of weeks. :( Luckily, I've been working this week on my classroom and let me tell you, when other teachers are in your room for over 2 months and the cleaning crew comes in like a tornado to clean the floors....it's pretty much like starting over. BUT i have nothing else to do so I'm okay with it. Althought, I am a little upset that my zebra print broom and two pink trashcans have been taken! they're pretty easy to spot so I'll just be on the lookout.

OH, here is my counts report as of last wednesday....

White Blood Cell - 15.1 (YESSSS!)
Red Blood Cell - 2.68 :(
Hemoglobin - 8.4 (eh, i'm alive and can breathe)
Platelet Count - 123 (still low but I'll take it!)

So basically, life is good because my counts are up from my last read. I'm assuming that I'll get another cbc (complete blood count) tomorrow after my doc appointment and I'll probably wait for the results so I may have more to report tomorrow.

Alright well I'm going to the movies tonight with some friends so I need to get off of here.

Have a good day!

Much love

kim

No comments:

Post a Comment