Visitors

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Day 119: like a bear in the winter

So after I blogged they started the chemotherapy thru my iv and after showering & changing my sheets...it was lumbar puncture time! The procedure itself took about 20?minutes and it happened bedside. Yikes! The initial numbing of the area is by far the worst. The rest is just uncomfortable b/c you have no idea what they're up to back there. Luckily "The Talk" was on so I tried to distract myself as much as possible.

After it was over I just laid on my back and fel asleep. I still havent caught up on my sleep. It seems like every time I get in a good groove someone comes in to mess it up. So I slept for a bit and got a surprise visitor from one of my students who just graduated from 8th grade. Visits from students are just so refreshing b/c you can talk about the mst pointless things and justhave a good fun conversation. Talking like adults gets boring and may that's why I love my job as muc as. Do. Those Taft kids have got me thru a lot just by being themselves and providing me with laughter and allowing me to "escape" my problems for abit.

After he left I went back to sleep and woke u to a growling stomach and what did need?? thats right....hot wings! So I scrambled to get a friend to bring me some and she did. I figured tonight would almost be a "last ,meal" because my mouth already has the metal tAste in my mouth that I can't just "brush away." ugh. Water even tastes funny now so I know the chemotherapy is working....blah. Oh well just two more days...:) I start my next dose of chemotherapy @ midnight and yes....I'm gonna requeST the pill agaIn tonight. Muhahahaha!

Hot flash"........ugggggghhhhhhhh.......

Okay better. AnywhO, I just want to give a shout Out to all my friends who have been doing fabulous things and putting up with all my requests. I hate asking for help but you guys Have definitely helped me kick this cancers ass. :) so thanks.

Okay well no fun exciting stories today....I slept a lot. My poor body seems worn out.

Good night!

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment