Visitors

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Day 133: Potassium Pills are the worst

Okay readers...So I was released from the hospital on Saturday around 4pm. No, I didn't feel rejuvenated NO, I wasn't a big ball of energy from all the blood I got, and NO i didn't have an appetite. Instead, as soon as I was dropped off at home, I put all my stuff (didn't even unpack) on the floor and laid down on my couch....and made that my "nest" for the next 23 hours....yes that is right....TWENTY THREE HOURS of SLEEP. I was EXHAUSTED. I'm not really sure why, I was told it may be dehydration. So every chance I got I tried to drink a cup of water or gatorade of some sort, I did. But I didn't see any changes in how I was feeling. I was so tired that I never even turned on the lights in my apartment or ate anything. I still didn't have an appetite but I figured I needed to eat. But i didn't. Two of my friends then came over to keep me company because I told them I wasn't feeling well. They brought me a sprite to drink because my stomach was uneasy for some reason. We hung out for a bit and watched a movie and even had a mini slumber party in the middle of the day. lol. After they left another friend of mine offered to bring me something....immediately, I thought, FOOD. I love subway and I had been thinking about it since I was in the hospital for blood so I thought, why not? She came about 30 minutes later and I was sooo ready to dig in and eat. I took a big couple drinks of gatorade and then a bite of my sandwhich. I chewed it, swallowed it and then...................................ran to the bathroom and threw everything I had just drank/ate. it was disgusting because I HATE throwing up. So then I decided to take my temp by mouth and it's 101.3.....great right? Luckily my friend was still there and she took me to the emergency room and I checked in around 7:30pm for a neutropenic fever. I noticed that walking around I was so out of breath....which is not normal.  After waiting about 30 or so minutes I was checked in and sent to the back to wait in an ER room and given a mask to wear for my low white blood counts. I remained there FOREVER as lots of blood were drawn, different doctors were in and out of the room, and my poor body shivered as my temperature came down after my first bag of antibiotics went through me. So after waiting over 4 hours in this room, I was transported to the 7th floor and once again, was bombarded by nurses (this time they at least knew me), doctors, and whoever else wanted to ask me questions about why I'm here and what happened. Eventually, they got more antibiotics ordered and i could finally somewhat sleep....by this time it was about 2am. So my days here have been about the same. I've been pretty crabby when students or doctors come in because i hate answering the same questions....I  get that they're "practicing" but it's really not necessary for 4 people to come in 30 minutes apart to ask me a bazillion questions. Maybe I should just write it down on a sticky note and post it on the door...haha.

NO i don't have a fever or had one over night
NO i don't have any nausea or vomiting
NO there was no change over night
NO i don't have any chest or abdominal pains.
My last bowel movement was _____ at about _____o'clock
YES there is something you can do, let me sleep.

hahahahaha....that would be great. but I'm way too nice to do that. But it's fun to think about. So right now, as far as I know is that I have some sort of bacteria infection and my length of stay depends on how fast it clears up. Right now, the doctors are saying i'll be in here another 2 days. My white blood counts are still low but IDK what they are. I've been knocked out asleep everyday until about noon.

Anyways, I'm feeling so much better and and am bored and ready to get outta here. Sorry for the lack of writing but I've been pretty sick... :( but I'm better now :)

love you all

kim

No comments:

Post a Comment