Visitors

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Day 148: Life Lemonade

Today is a MUCH BETTER day than yesterday. I felt so crummy after the intrathecal spinal I went to sleep around 9 and woke up around midnight before my nurse came back to take vitals and give me more meds....then I got my ambien pill to help me sleep better and she came back around 4am to hang more chemo bags and I don't remember it. lol. So ambien did the trick. I feel so much better today it's great. I even kept down food and from the looks and feel of my poor fingers and feet, my fluid swelling is going down. THANK GOODNESS!! being all puffy is just disgusting because it's hard to look at yourself in the mirror. At my "worst" I could barely look at myself while washing my face and brushing my teeth. ugh. oh well...it's getting a little better now....nothing a little sweating at the gym won't fix. haha.

Well nothing exciting today happened. No cool stories about funny things I see...or crazy people in the hospital. Well a little "episode" happened. I've been on my laptop for most of the afternoon and I was totally jamming to the usual Drake (singer/rapper) on my laptop and I guess I Didn't realize how loud it was and the sick people around me (my neighbors) are all older than me....youngest probably in her late 30's....well I could see her movement from my room and she let out a loud grunt and got up, swung open her curtains and gave me a "stupid litle kid" look and slammed her door close.....:(

made me a bit sad because I know I'd be annoyed but oh well...i'm in a good mood right now and I don't want people to spoil it for me. so i laughed it off and turned it down a little and continued doing what i was doing.

that's about as exciting as it gets. The adult caseworker also came into my room today and said i'm on the list to go HOME tomorrow!!! I'm so excited to be home and be lazy. Don't count on me doing a lot of stuff this weekend but being a bum at home....but I do love visitors!! I feel like this round of chemo just drained my body....more than normal. but it just could be i've been in here for almost 2.5 weeks!! including the infection that I had from the previous fungal infection.

also i gotta continue to give myself shots at home...nooooo....but i'll be at home so no problem there. :)

Okay well I'm gonna finish "party planning" for a friend of mines birthday I'm going to host....YAY! i love doing stuff like this...i may have a new calling! :)

xoxo
kim


No comments:

Post a Comment