Visitors

Friday, August 12, 2011

Day 135: Busy Morning Half Asleep

So this morning I was awaken by the awful pain in my lower chest. Think....left lower rib cage. It's been hurting all morning. Especially when I take deep breaths, hiccup, laugh, or move my torso around. I requested for pain pills to help take away the sting but I can only get one every 6 hours. :( I've been telling everyone about it and the doctors I told said it's probably a muscle strain. But I know muscle strains and this is definitely not one.

klebsiella pneumoniae is what I have. I just asked my nurse. don't ask what it is...instead google it. But basically, it's a bad, but common, infection to have.

Anyways, with my morning already being painful this guy comes in at 8am from transport. Barely awake I scramble to get up, get out of bed, use the restroom and crawl into the stretcher with my eyes half shut. He said he was taking me to ultra sound. Then he got a call and all of it was cancelled. So I picked my sleepy self out of the stretcher bed and walked back to my bed and plopped down. He was lecturing me about keeping my money in sight and was showing me places to hide it. I was annoyed so I just laid down and put my pillow over my head said thanks and he was on his way. About 30 minutes later a doctor came in and I told him about my rib cage pain and he was the one that said it was probably a muscles strain from turning too hard or something....i stared at him blankly and said....well i don't do anything by lay in my bed and sleep so it can't be a muscle strain. He then said he'll discuss it with the "team" and we'll talk about it when they all come back around.

At that point,my nurse was in my room and she was busy getting all my medications together and she informed me that transportation was on their way again and I'll be getting procedures done for a couple hours.  She gave me my meds and disconnected me from my IV. Sooner than later transportation was here and I climbed back onto the stretcher and off I went. First stop...I got an Echocardiogram done (ultrasound on my heart) She spent quite a bit of time on my left side (side that hurts) so it would be interesting to see if she discovered anything. It probably took the longest. I was in there for about an hour. I was dozing in and out and it was painful when she asked me to take a deep breath. After that was over I got a Duplex ultrasound on my extremities. So they took an ultrasound of my right leg, left leg, right arm, and left arm. I asked what we were doing and she said checking my veins for blood clots. simple enough. This procedure took about 45 minutes and she kept telling me not to fall asleep. lol. And finally the last procedure was a simple regular ultrasound checking my kidneys and my bladder. The tech seemed to spend a little more time on my left side where the pain is so maybe out of all these tests, something will pop up and explain this awful pain. :(

So now I'm back. and have already had a visit by THREE doctors and each of them I complained of how much pain i'm in but all of them did nothing. :( UGH......right when I was about to cry b/c I had the hiccups....a knock came at my door and the guy said...."delivery"..........I thought to myself....."delivery??" The doctor who was with me let him in and it was a HUGE "GET WELL SOON" balloon........ :) It totally made my hospital stay SOOO much better because guess what...it SINGS TO ME!!! I'm one of the superficial girls that gifts like balloons and flowers bring pure joy to my face. IDK why but I'm so happy. It made me laugh as it was singing..........and it was hurting but I didn't care. :)

So MB....if you're reading this, you are so awesome and your balloons came at the right time in the day. :) Thank you for this, I needed it. :)

WELL ANYWAYS, after all this excitement
 I got me a hot dog and some pineapples for lunch and am relaxing trying not to move because I am in even more pain. I have until 2:45 until I get my next pain pill. I can do it....I'm going to lay down now and enjoy my newly carbonated sprite while I can and try not to move too much. :)

much love,

kim


No comments:

Post a Comment