Visitors

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Day 139: Going Loco

OOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

i'm STTTTTTIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL here.

UUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

if you can't get how I feel from those three lines....idk how else to describe the way I feel. I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ready to leave. And the way I know this is, I start asking EVERYONE when I can leave. or turn every question or statement into a conversation about me going home.

BUT great news....just as I was getting depressed (and spent a lot of money online shopping....oops!) about being here for another WEEK....that's right another WEEK....an OU Presby Angel came in my room by the name of Deborah. She is one of the social workers/case managers for the adult oncology floor (my floor!) and she said a little birdie told her that I would be going home tomorrow or the next day (I'm so confused IDK what day that is....the days blend together here). YYYYAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not gonna get my hopes up too much because you just don't know what's going to happen...or not happen I should say. I still don't have a new PICC line in and with my conversation with miss debbie she said that would be the thing to "hold me back" from getting out like...yesterday. lol.

So when (not if....we gotta stay POSTIVE) I go home I have to continue on one of my medications. So I'll have home health AGAIN and have to sit around for about two hours a day (probably in the morning) and let the antibiotics go through me. Then I'm free. However, I promised my dear friend Miss Loretta that I would take it EASY and take care of myself as best as I can when I get better so I don't have any more infections....and I will stick to my promise just for her. :) and me of course. SO...i need a hobby. lol. One that doesn't require a lot of going out and doing stuff but more of a sit and DIY at home hobby. Maybe I should take painting a little more serious or maybe knit? Everyone would get SCARVES for christmas!! lol.

anyways, as you can see...i'm starting to lose my mind here....but before I do here is a little health update. My white counts have recovered themselves to a 4....from a 0.2 when I came in....this is great progress considering that I didn't have ANY booster shots or anything. yesterday my hemoglobin was at a 6.6 so I got one unit of blood so today I'm at a 7.7. (reminder... if you donate blood...donate through OBI and mention my name and I can get "credit" for my blood transfusions that I will need in the future!) I have a bit more energy but nothing too special. My platelets are at a 432. Normal for a normal person so I'm moving on up in the world! :) My blood cultures so far are all negative and my final urine culture is negative as well. Friday will be the final "word" whether or not all this bacteria nonsense is gone and outta my system. but either way I have to have this medication until the 24th. lame.

Alright well my "snack" is here from food and nutrition so I need to eat something. Hopefully someone is bringing me something to eat tonight. this cafeteria food gets more and more disgusting the longer I stay here.

Anyways, I hope everyone has a splendid evening. Be thankful.

love,
kim

No comments:

Post a Comment