Visitors

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Day 30: Shampoo or Body Wash??

Tonight I said bye-bye to my hair. I'm glad I took my time with the decision rather than rushing it. I never knew I would ever be as emotional about something like hair. Maybe it's the idea of losing something because of something else? IDK. I haven't figured out why. Well I do know why but I don't know how to articulate it. I guess I just never saw myself going through this and I never felt like I had leukemia, I always felt great. But now, losing something like hair, a physical feature, makes it more real. It shows a physical change that people have learned to put two and two together and figure it out. bald head on a girl = cancer patient.

But I'm trying to look at the positives...for instance today while I was taking a shower I had a whole debate with myself. Shampoo or body wash?? It took me a whole 3 minutes to shower (which included this debate) and it was awesome! I was just confused what to put on my head. lol. It still has a little prickly hair on it but for the most part I'm as bald as a baby. I settled on just body wash and it was soooooo weird. I felt like I was cheating on my shampoo and conditioner. And it just felt awkward seeing body wash being squeezed into my hands...then putting it on top of my head. LOL. I know that sounds absolutely NUTS but that's only acceptable when your like drop dead tired and not wanting to shower in the first place. LOL. Everyone has done it...got confused in the shower and you know it. LOL. :) Anyways, my showers are way short now and it's great!! guys seriously have it way easy girls...

I had a great dinner with great friends as we had a last-night-before-the-hospital-stay party. It was everything I hoped for in a party (arts and crafts too!!) and I can't thank our wonderful hostess, lisa, for EVERYTHING and all the work she put into making me happy. She's an absolute saint and I honestly don't know how I would get through this chemo/leukemia stuff without her. and all my tafties of course. :)

Okay before I start crying....I need to get off of here. I'll start blogging more about my crazy hospital stays and the excitement and chatter I always seem to hear about. Tomorrow I get checked into the hospital again and it's going to be tough. I've throughly enjoyed my last 5 days out in the real world and I'm so proud that I didn't get sick! :)

I plan on breaking the news somehow to my doctor that I ran the 5k. I'm sure he'll be totally fine with it but you just never know. :)

I love you all....good night.

kim


Look at the pure joy expression on my face....priceless.

Being interviewed by a newspaper guy! I look goofy.

No comments:

Post a Comment