Visitors

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Day 58: Almost Pointless

I feel like I'm wasting away here. I'm so bored and just wanting to get out of here. :(

So this morning I had my TTE procedure...the one where they stick something down my esophagus to take pictures of my heart valves to see if anything is growing on them. They rolled me past the window and I guess I haven't been out that early (they took me around 8:30am) but the sun felt awesome. As we were waiting by the elevators it felt so nice to be in the sun....granted it was way too bright for me to look outside but I imagined it was nice and pretty out there.

Anyways, I got downstairs to the cardiology area and it took forever to get started. They had to hook me up to machines, ask me a million questions, wait for the doctors, have them ask me a million questions and then they finally gave me some Novocaine to gargle (gross) and swallow and it was disgusting. I gargled way longer than 15 seconds but I figured they would say "okay now swallow" but of course not, they said "hahaha you gargled way longer than you're suppose to but that's okay" lame. So anyways, did that and then they gave me some tranquilizers and soon enough, I was OUT. I remember feeling the very end of the procedure (them taking it out and me practically choking) but I think I was still asleep. I later woke up and there transportation was ready to take me back down to my room.

And that was pretty much my day. I got a few visitors and that was nice because I was actually feeling pretty okay today. Hopefully I get out soon. We're still waiting for the bone marrow results and I guess now the Procedure I got done today....On a good note, I am off my "special diet" and can now eat raw veggies (yuck! but lettuce is a plus!) and fresh fruit! I celebrated today by eating hardly anything but fruit and salads for lunch and dinner. it was amazing. :)

Alright well, that's the update today. I feel a zillion times better than I did a week ago. Thank you for your continuous prayers and kind words. They helped get me through this tough time. I love you all. :)

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment