Visitors

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Day 32: Laaaaammmeeee.....

Okay so one day I hope to look back at this day and say...oh what was I thinking.

Alright, well...I just settle into my new pad for the next hopefully ONLY 2 weeks. :)




ummm yeah....i'm thinking the same too.

this place stinks. LOL.

Well...when I first checked in it was just a weird vibe. The night "receptionist/nurse" was super busy for a bit so i patiently waited and after maybe a 5 minute standing wait, she finally came and i said, "Hi..I'm suppose to be admitted tonight as an inpatient to room 723" she quickly said okay, go knock on that window and tell her. So I got into the hospital with some delay and i asked for directions of how to find my room and the lady couldn't even tell me. She eventually said "well you'll run into security so just ask him the best way to go" and shoved me on my way. Luckily I have a pretty good sense of direction and I found my way to the oncology department and stood there to be helped. THREE...yes THREE nurses saw me and said NOTHING to me. I mean if you see a girl and her mom packed and ready to go somewhere looking LOST standing by the ONCOLOGY PATIENT CHECK IN counter you'd think that they would ask "Can I help you??"

and they didn't.

So i stood there thinking....okay the lady downstairs just called someone on the phone and CONFIRMED with that person that I will be up shortly. and when I mentioned that, no one...and i mean no one knew what I was talking about. I stood standing by the desk confused what was going on for a good 2 minutes or so and saw the night nurses SITTING in the back on a computer with their backs towards me. Angry at this point, i walked into their little office and said "ummm excuse me, i'm suppose to be checking in to room 723 tonight"....and they looked at me, then each other, then back at me and said....what?? SO i explained to them what was going on, mentioned someone from downstairs called them, and SHOWED them my paperwork...and still they all (three) had a BLANK stare on their face.

SO they showed me to my room anyway, took my paper and said "i will call the doctor and figure out what is going on"

My nurse for tonight showed me around my new place and seemed either nervous or just talked really fast. she said the word "anyway" about 50 times in a like 2 minute introduction she gave to me. it annoyed me. My room is small, very BLAND, and my shower is awkward. The light switch to my ENTIRE room is OUTSIDE of my door so no privacy will be had. I have one over head lamp and it's a fluorescent light so I'm just wondering how these early morning blood draws will work out....My mom has to sleep on a recliner and I don't like the "feel" of the place. The RN asked me if I wanted anything to drink. She offered sprite, water, and a few other options. My mom and I requested water and I said I wanted a 'sprite.' and what does she come back with??



THAT's right....CAFFEINE FREE SHASTA TWIST...which is NOTHING like sprite...which I was promised. :( and a mini pitcher of water and Styrofoam cups. grrreeaaatttt. I can't even get a cool water bottle thingy like they gave to me at Mercy. and what are these people thinking with these cups?? Lisa is going to go crazy because this is in NO WAY GREEN AT ALL. They really need to invest in some nice OU cups and wash them like they do at other hospitals. This must be a fake hospital. :( But anyways, as soon as I got a drink, I sprayed everything down with disinfectant and clorox'd wiped everything too....not that they wouldn't have done that anyway but i have become deadly with my antibacterial hand sanitizer, my disinfectant i carry in my purse, and my handy dandy "to go" clorox wipes. LOL. which is good right?



......floor nurse comes in.....shes talking to me......

here it comes....wait for it....now.

aaaaaaaaarrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh.......................


a new RN came in and basically NO ONE knows what is going on here. they have no idea who i am. they don't know ANYTHING about me.....i'm so frustrated right now. my mom took a picture of me and here is my facial expression. and yes, i'm bald now. LOL. :)


okay i'm frustrated, angry, sad, and TIIIIRREEEDDDD. so I'm gonna get off of here before my battery dies and i can't save this (because that WOULD happen to me right now). A doctor is suppose to be coming in any minute to figure this ish out. UGH.

i still love you all. :)

good night.

kim

No comments:

Post a Comment