Visitors

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Day 57:I'm ready to get out of here...so are my taste buds.

Today I thought was gonna be a slow day. It started off lame again around 5 or 6 i don't remember but I had to get my blood drawn. Since they can't draw blood from an IV they had to manually stick me...over and over and over and over again. So I had to get stuck again and my night nurse is TERRIBLE at it. She stuck me two times in my right arm around my elbows (where people usually get blood drawn from) then after she couldn't get it she moved to my left hand and she finally got it. By that time I was irritated and hot and my poor arms felt raw. :( On a brighter note, I got a new PICC line in my left arm (i had one on my right) today. I haven't got to use it but I'm just happy that I won't be getting stuck with a needle anymore. yay!

Alright so anyways, my bone marrow biopsy was today and I was so nervous about it. But they gave me some adivan tranquilizer and it started working immediately. As i was signing my contract thingy, I was feeling loopy and light. I was in and out of it during the procedure but I definitely felt the pain meds being injected....the classic "Sting and burn".....ugh, worst words ever. I also felt all the pressure that goes along with the biopsy but I think I barely felt that. Right now my lower back on my left side is sore so I'm just kinda laying here.

I'm still coughing today but right now it seems to be a little better. I feel like there is nothing in my cough and i keep asking myself....is this cough really necessary? So tomorrow I have a TEE (Trans-Esophageal Echocardiogram). Basically, they'll put a tube down my throat and use it to take pictures of my heart valves and to check for bacterial or fungal infection that a regular cardiograpm wouldn't show. that should be interesting because just having something being stuck down my throat doesn't sound fun. :(

Hopefully that will be the last of the prcedures because I've really just had enough. I hate being in a hospital and everything about it. The sheets smell funny, the hot food smells, the hallway smells, just everything ugh. it's annoying. I hate that they wake me up so early and I hate that I just sit in my room and hang out. :(

Well thats all that happened today...oh and I got a chest xray and a CT scan....not really sure what for but I got them.

So tomorrow is a big day...i figure out the results of the biopsy which means I find out if I still have leukemia in me. I feel good about it but everyday I'm here makes me worried.

Well, my mom is almost here with real food (hamburgers!) so I need to get to somewhat cleaning up. love you all

good night! :)

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment