Visitors

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Day 34: rolling in the deep.

Quick post....I had my intrathecal Chemotherapy this morning around 9am. 2 residency doctors did the procedure and one intern (student?) watched. It didn't hurt as much as it did the first time but it hurt enough to make me cringe a bit. It lasted maybe 15 minutes and they did it bedside rather than taking me down to radiology like they did before. To "recover" I had to lay flat for 30 minutes to avoid headaches and whatever else. They've been giving me my steroid eyedrop's every 2 hours and IDK if i'm paranoid or have it in my head that it may effect my eyes....but it's harder to see the tv than before....and yes i'm wearing my glasses. great.


Let the procedure begin!


Umm....ow.


close up of the chemo....


uhhh idk what that is but it looks scary!


Done...and I'm still alive!!


So other than that, I had plans of SLEEPING all day long. But I just couldn't. I'm so used to being places and keeping busy because I always felt like I was behind or volunteering myself for everything and anything. this is just a change of pace. On a good note....I found something else pretty cool about my new hospital. When I order a drink from the cafeteria downstairs they give me a HUGE bottle of whatever....coke, sprite, dr pepper, SWEET tea. I'm on the bone marrow diet so they have to have everything reliever covered....so now my goal is to build up a pretty good stash of whatever I can....lol. this i going to be awesome & a way I entertain myself. LOL.

Hmm there isn't a lot to report about. I miss my students a lot and I wish I could be at work to spend time with them. I feel like this experience has bonded me closer to some. I feel all the love they have been sending and it makes me stronger and feeds my positivity. Here are two poems that I was sent. I guess Taft is having a poetry contest for the students. The contest was to write about your favorite teacher....When I read this I cried. I think they should both win because I HIGHLY doubt that anyone else's better.....sigh.


brace yourself.



and one more...



This my friends is why I keep going. They are the reason I kept on going to school when I was sick and had no energy. They noticed how I looked on the outside and knew something was wrong with me on the inside. Taft has some of the craziest kid to teach but each and everyone of them have some of the biggest hearts I've ever know anyone to have. I'm so lucky to be at such a wonderful school........annnnnnnd i'm crying.

awesome. LOL

Anyways, They have been so good to me I can't let them down. Not now....not ever.

I have put so much effort into trying to build relationships with them. I hope that they take this experience I'm going through now and learn a little about life and see just how short it could be and how it can change at any second.

These two poems make the stress, the sleepness nights, the endless lectures, the random yelling, and all the goofy times I made a fool of myself in front of them....worth it. I love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment