Visitors

Monday, April 11, 2011

Day 10: Divorce.

My husband and I divorced. Yes that's right, my IV has officially been turned off. Which means, I'm on my own. I have to drink water by myself now. great. lol.

Today was much like the past couple days. I've been tired. I slept most of the day and MAN ol' MAN my body is taking a turn for the worst. My poor back is sore, aching, and uncomfortable every turn I make in my bed. It's like my body is screaming "OMG KIM YOU'VE BEEN IN THIS BED FOR TWO WEEKS GET OUT AND DO SOMETHING." but i can't. I guess I could go outside today but I'm just not up for it today like i have been. I was feeling a bit weak today just getting around and I also have a massive headache from my gums hurting so bad (another side effect of the chemo). I had to switch to a very soft bristle toothbrush (which is sad because I totally just bought a NEW toothbrush before all of this) and my gums hurt after brushing my teeth. UGH.

Today everything was about the same as far as a medical update goes. My hemoglobin is at a 10.3, platelets are at a 23 (tomorrow I'll probably need a transfusion....again), and my white blood count is at an ALL TIME low of 0.3. They said it suppose to go down to a 0.1 so i'm extra sensitive to virus' and all that. Basically, i'm trapped inside a bubble and can't get out for a bit. They said from day 10 - 14 I am the most sensitive and after that, i'll start rebuilding my cells on my own and have to get a bone marrow biopsy again. Then the process starts over. This will be my summer. awesome. But on the good side, I will be able to interact with others like "normal" I'll just have a few restrictions.

I'm going to ask as soon as I'm being "released" what my "restrictions" are as far as exercising goes. I imagine I won't be able to run (so I'll just be a champion speed walker) or go to the gym (imagine all the germs and bacteria that grows there) so yoga here I come.....YUCK, i HATE stretching and that's all yoga basically is. greeeaaattt.

Anyways, on a happier note today while on the couch (because my penthouse suite has that) I started looking up runs that I can do (after october of course) for a cause. A friend of mine (thanks heather!) said I "inspired" her....then i was like...wow, I will be a cancer survivor when I get through this and to me that just blows my mind (like i said in previous posts) and that gives me even more of a reason to bounce back and do as many 5k's, 10k's, half marathons, and full marathons. It makes it more meaningful for me (not that i was never touched when I did the runs) but it makes it more personal. I'm corny I know but that's my thought process.

I didn't find an actual "RUN" for leukemia....probably because we, with blood cancer, should NOT be running or training for marathons (oops....lol) but I did find a light the night walk for people going through or have survived leukemia. It is October 22nd (i think) and don't be surprised If i put together a "team" and ask you to be on it (or you can always tell me you want to help). Around that time I will have finished my chemo and it will be a great milestone in my life that I can go thru with my friends and family who helped me along the way. :)

Anyways, that's all for today. I've been here by myself all day and it was kinda nice. I'm ready to lay down again but i need to eat. Nutrition keeps calling me telling me to eat and it's annoying. lol.

i love you all and once again....i can't say it enough, thanks for everything you all have done. words cant describe how appreciative I am. :)

Much Love,

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment