Visitors

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Day 4: Staying Positive & Strong with Your Help. :)

I never thought I would get as much hype out of this blog as I have. All of your kind & funny words of encouragement is only fueling my happiness and positive attitude. And I can't thank you all enough. I am so happy that I can reconnect and share openly about my journey. I encourage all of you to feel free to share this blog or just my story. I keep saying it that If I can touch one life with all of this....it's worth the fight. I have NO doubt in my mind that I got this like Daniel Son beat the other mean kid. LOL. What a terrible analogy.

Anyways, I had a fantastic day today. I didn't get a nap in at all. I was too busy cleaning my room for company (the lovely Emily, Sarah, Rachel, and Tara), re-painting my toenails electric orange, and replying to emails from teachers, students, and long lost friendships that have resurfaced. But don't worry, I don't mind any of the emails and words of encouragement, it definitely keeps me busy. :)

After the excitement of my early morning (sorry i got WAY too excited) my diddy-size fake diamond earrings broke. :( I was so sad because they were my favorite. I love big gaudy earrings and they were by far the awesome-est?? (I'm a math teacher not an English teacher). But luckily my sister bought me some earlier and I had a quick replacement. :)

I also took time to call my apartment complex in OKC and explain to them my health situation and told them as much as I love my third floor home, I need to move to the first floor. My apartment will be smaller (boo hoo!!) but rent will be a little lower and I will not stuggle as much as I did. So those of you who are young, buff, and/or full of energy....I may need help moving because I have a lot of BIG furniture to be moved. I hope to be there to help as much as possible (or stand around and boss people around) but I'm not sure if I will be (depends on the length of the stay).

Continuing the progress of my blood pressure scare earlier in the day, it went down as soon as they lowered the volume of fluid that was being pumped into me and it finally came down. I've been having a steady temp of 97.5 all day so I'm doing great. The doctor came in and talked to me for a while about my general health and how the chemo is effecting my health. After he left he told the nurses that he was so impressed with how well I am holding up (emotionally) and even he notices my positivity through it all. AND he said my body is doing great with the Chemo. Although tonight officially started "Day 3" of chemo (6th dose) and they are going to start checking on me every hour while I sleep just in case my temp or health does change. My guess is that patients feel different after this dose so they're just taking precautions. But if you know me, I am an over achiever and I'm going to blow the docs away. :)

Meanwhile, my bother, sister, and dad took a journey of their own to New Mexico and had a traditional navajo ceremony performed for me. They drove all night only to immediately start the ceremony and they just finished. They said all went well and i should start feeling better soon....but really, i feel awesome so It's the best situation anyone can ask for. They are driving home now so as you think of me please keep them in your prayers for safe travels.

Well that is all the news for today that I got. I stayed inside my room all day so no fun adventures.........how exciting....my nurse just walked in and first checkup is.....done! I'm so tired now....2 hours of sleep last night did not help. lol.

I'm at ease with my students (what I was up worrying about last night) and how they're handling the news. I hope. I just want to be with them. I miss them. sigh. I know their in good hands though. :)

Anyways, it's 12:25 now and I have a good 30 minute nap before the next check in so I need to get to SLEEP. :)

I love you all and thanks for keeping up with my progress. This is truly a journey that I am enjoying sharing with everyone. :)

good night!

Kim


No comments:

Post a Comment