Visitors

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Day 20: Short hair is weird.

Today is day 1 with short hair and it's not that bad. I got some headbands as a gift from a friend and it doesn't look half bad. I'm still not used to it though. it's just weird not having hair to fix in the morning or hair on my neck all day. Maybe that's why i was so cold earlier today. Like the other day I was shivering I was so cold. I asked the nurse to turn up the heat and he said he should take my temp first and he did and I was normal. IDK maybe it's a side effect to the antibiotics?

Well I spoke with Dr. Reynolds and GREAT NEWS.....when he releases me.....I can RUN!! :) Don't worry I'm going to start off walking every night and i think during the day I'm going to go for a light jog. I feel like my legs are losing muscles and it's quite sad. Besides that my doctor is a little confusing. Now he is talking bone marrow transplant asap. He was telling me about my genetics and he said I'm a good candidate for it and usually if I don't go into remission on the first round of chemo (which i didn't) usually in my cases, they do a transplant immediately if they can shortly after the second round of chemo (the one I will be starting in one week). But then I mentioned that my sister is being deployed and my brother is in NC and he looked stressed about that. so he said he would call back the OU transplant people and talk to them.

Also I found out that I will be needing to have an Intrathecal spinal tap before I head out of here. It's basically like what it sounds like....a spinal tap but they'll inject me with a dose of chemotherapy. From that the chemo will go to my head because regular chemo only works from the head down. It will circulate in my head and basically attack any leukemia cells that might be lingering up there. The biggest side effect will be moderate to severe headaches (which I HATE) and long term side effects could be (and most likely will happen) is slight memory loss. OH and the WORST part of this whole spinal tap thing from what i read, i have to LAY FLAT for up to 8 hours. and......i may have to urinate in a bedpan.....DIS-GUS-TING!!!!! that is one of my worst hospital fears because that's just gross. LOL.

Alrighty other than that "news," I've been sleeping all day and I'm thirsty. My hair is still coming out in record clumps but I still have quite a bit on my head. IDK when I'm getting out. I just hope on saturday. I need my counts to hurry up because I want to see people. :( I miss people.

Thanks for reading, i love you all (shout out to david estes!) I appreciate all that you all are doing or will do for me.

xoxo

kim

No comments:

Post a Comment