Visitors

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Day 8: Nothing But Sleep

It's day 8 of whatever I'm continuing to count (LOL, it's not my days in hospital or chemo b.c it's "over" for now) but anyways, I've just been tired. Yes of course I was only getting 3 hours of sleep a night but I'm sure I've "caught up" on that already. My thinking is that when I know I'm "sick" all I do is sleep. It's natural for me to chug some orange juice (check!), crawl into a bed (check!), crave a bean burrito (check!), and just go to sleep because I hate being awake feeling miserable.....i should totally be in medical school. :)

It's already 11:50 right now and I can't tell you much about today. My first wake up was around 5:30am and I remember hearing...."We tried to get to her last because we know she likes to sleep now!" REALLY?! because 4:45 vs. 5:30am is SUCH a HUGE difference...lol. Anyways, they came in to flush my PICC (thanks Brent for the spelling) line and draw my daily blood. Then they came in around 6 to check my vitals (blood pressure & temp) and my weight (dun, dun, dun)...i was still at 165 which was surprising because I ate a lot (for me) yesterday. hmm. oh well. After the tech left I fell back asleep and the next thing I knew someone else was scanning my bracelet and telling me to take medication. This went on for a while and today I decided to count how many meds I actually take during the day....my count right now is 7. I guess it's keeping me healthy but I have always always hated taking them. gross.

A little appearance update....hair....still in tact. I've been getting quite a bit of emails and facebook messages asking if my hair will REALLY fall out and i've asked every person who walks into my room on a daily basis and they all say with my type of Chemo treatment....yes. :( I'm hoping that it will just thin my hair (because i have A LOT in the first place) but inevitably I think it will happen. And I'm okay with that.

Also, my skin color has taken a turn for the worse....okay it's really not that bad but I feel like I've either gotten orange (but people have assured me this hasn't happened LOL, i guess i thought....orange chemo...orange skin...great. LOL) or I have gotten "darker." On my hands I'm noticing my knuckles are darker than usual and my feet are looking darker than usual. My elbows are also getting a tint to them and it's disgusting. I need to go outside and even this out BUT once again....I can't. :(

I'm finally eating "breakfast"....I'm eating pineapple chunks from a can and my mom is making me a good ol' pb & j sandwich (what I survived on during my "sickness" before the hospital....it's all the energy I had to make).

In other news, I have yet to do my taxes....great. LOL. and I just realized this. I've been putting it off because I was in "denial" that I actually have to PAY this year. I'm still in denial that I have to pay but....as the 15th, or whatever day it is they're due, approaches I need to get over it and see what I can do. I'd rather sleep though. Anyways, I'm going to go back to sleep in a second. I just wanted to update my readers on my progress and see that I'm doing fine. :) It's gotten harder but seriously....if it was easy, everyone would do it right?? :)

Hope everyone has a happy Saturday. As your outside take a little time to enjoy it because I can't. I miss interacting with people and feeling the warmth (or HEAT in this case) on my skin.

ALso I wish good luck to the Taft Track Team today as they compete in a track meet at moore! :)

Love you all....

Kim

1 comment:

  1. So glad to have this blog to follow your progress. Hang in there, girl! Once a Gold Star...always a STAR!! Prayers and thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete