Visitors

Friday, April 15, 2011

Day 14: It's Okay The Blue Nails Are Normal

Today I'm having another good day. I'm feeling good. I just ate breakfast (cereal, sausage, and mandarin oranges) and got my antibiotics pumped into me (they're taking it off as I type). My pain pill is wearing off (boo!) but I can't have another one for another 2 hours so I just gotta sit here and complain to myself. lol. I got prescribed a new mouthwash because mouth sores are forming in my mouth (once again, normal) and that's what's making my mouth feel terrible. The doctor said It should be better in a few days. So i just need to suck it up and take it like a...man?? LOL.

I haven't got my counts for today yet from the nurse but I imagine they're about the same. I know that my white cell count is a 0.2 and the doc said as soon as it's back up to about a 1 they'll send me home! YAY!! Remember, were hoping for Monday. My parents already started taking stuff home today with all hope of me leaving soon. The sooner I pack the sooner I'll go home right?? :)

My weight this morning was 154.8 so it went down a bit from yesterday. But other than that I don't have a lot else to report. It's been a quiet day at the hospital in general (or so it seems, there isn't a lot of chaos in the hall). I'm going to migrate to my couch and put in a movie and hopefully take a nap.

Love you all.

Kim

This bluish tint to my nails are on all my nails. The doctor said the chemo will completely mess up my nails for 6 months....he said to just paint it. but I'm totally just going to see what it looks like natural. :)

(BTW, the dark vertical line in the middle of my nail is normal, it's been there my entire life lol)

1 comment:

  1. HI Kim: happy u r having a guud day! you know, the begays inherited some naturally "French-Manicured Nails". the "moon" on our fingers are well defined & our nails are white. we save lotsa $$. on other hand, chels has to pay for her french. she also inherited her dads BIG thumbs. she has trouble textin, typing, bowling. thanks to our parents, g-parents. ok, your feeling good is rubbing off across da miles. take care. LotsaLuv&Huggs({}), Chels & Lela =D

    ReplyDelete