Visitors

Monday, April 18, 2011

Day 17: Today's Not My Day

Well I'm not getting out today. My doctor woke me up around 8 to break the news to me. He ordered even higher antibiotics to get rid of this fever and get me back to myself. All my blood counts are at a stand still so once again they're not moving up on their own like they should. SO, today is Bone Marrow Biopsy #2 today. My mom thinks it'll be tomorrow morning because the last time I got one they kept pushing it back and pushing it back. So we'll just have to see when I'll get one. They haven't mentioned anything to me about it so i guess the nurses are clueless as well. Oh well.

So now I'm shooting for a Thursday release. That is just a random day that I choose that I will be okay to get out. Tomorrow my back will be sore from the biopsy and if I get out before then.....awesome!! I can't be here for another full week or else I'm going to scream at the first person I see. lol. Okay maybe not, i'll just be super sad but I'm thankful that I have good doctors that are taking good care of me, and good nurses who know what they're doing, and a strong support system to keep me company and visit me when I am feeling lonely.

So today as I was fixing my hair,I was of course losing a lot of it (didn't cry) and my mom was standing by me. I let her run her hands through my hair too and she was amazed as well. It's just crazy because I can't feel anything coming out (pulling sensation) it just kinda.....appears. My hair doesn't look any thinner just looking at me so I guess I really do have a lot of thick hair. I continued to fix my hair, brush my teeth, and wash my face and I was ready to go somewhere. So my mom and I took a mini field trip to the gift shop and just looked around. it felt great just getting out of the room and leisurely walking around. I even called it t-shirt time when I changed into a fresh new tshirt to get out. And just being out of the dull hospital gown was nice. I had to wear a mask of course but I didn't mind. I got a couple looks but whatever, it didn't really bother me, I was just happy to be out.

towards the end of the fieldtrip I started to get tired and luckily we weren't going anywhere else so now I'm sitting on my chair in my suite drinking a coke and water.

So that was my excitement for today and I'm glad I got to get out of my room and came back to a clean room (nurse changed my sheets!). Alright, I will write more tonight. I don't have any blood updates but like I said before....it's about the same as yesterday.

I love you all, thank you for reading and of course for your thoughts, prayers, and kind words of encouragement. :) :)

Much Love, Happy Monday!!
Kim


A typical amount of hair that comes out every time I run my hands through my hair or twist it up to put into a clip.

excuse the random piece of hair that is sticking out, it's because of my mask. don't worry I fixed it before i continued to be in public. lol

1 comment:

  1. Kim: looking good !! we're smiling too !! we r so glad u r smiling. just think of all that much nerdier u will b wen alls back to normal. everyday, u r probably learnin sumthin new. just think of all da people u still get to meet. jus saying u r not alone. w lotsaLuv&Huggs, Chels & Lela.

    ReplyDelete