Visitors

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Day 13.75: I'm On The Pursuit of Happiness.

Well as today winds down not a lot has happened. It was one of those days that I was up and down. It was mainly my gums that hurt and kept me from being 85% of normal Kim (I won't be 100% kim for a while). As I type the night nurse is flushing (clearing) my Picc line. I have a funny copper taste in my mouth when this happens and at first I thought it was way cool. But now, it's just annoying. I just took my pepcid medication, my sleep pill, and my pain medication. So I should be feeling good any minute now. Now they're drawing my blood and I'm feeling a lot of pressure in my arm. its weird. the only time I've ever felt that was one day 1 of chemo. now they're having trouble drawing my blood. its like the blood isn't wanting to come out. The nurse said "its almost lie it"s trying to clot" which is funny b/c i don't have ANY platelets! lol. okay she just got half the tube thingy and gave up. lol. All i know is that they better get all they need now and not wake me up in the middle of the night to redraw my blood.

Anyways, she's done messing with my arm now. Another new thing has popped up today. My fingernails are turning blue! It's starting to have a tint of blue around the bottom of my cuticle. I'm not sure if this is normal but I just not noticed. I assume it is and I'll just add it to the list of "weird things because of Chemo list" that I have going. If not....at least it doesn't hurt?? lol.

My hair hasn't started to fall out yet (good news). I cut it to a shoulder length a couple days ago and I already miss my longer hair. :( Geez, that hardest part of all this is seriously gonna be my hair. Although, I was watching Friends today on TV and one of "guest" appearances shaved her head bald and she actually looked cute! She had fun little sparkly earrings and it made me smile because If I could look 3/4 as good as her I'd so just go all natural and be bald. Except my skin in dark and no telling how white my scalp is. LOL. great. So this means, as soon as I start losing my hair more rapidly I'm on the hunt for big gaudy bling-ish earrings. If anyone see's this description of earrings...let me know! :)

I can't believe tomorrow is Friday already. My days kinda blend together being stuck in the same room all day so I kinda lose track of time/days of the week. Tomorrow being Friday means I just gotta get thru Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, then I will HOPEFULLY be OUT OF HERE. By then the doctor said that my immune system should be on it's way back (on it's own!!) and I should return to my healthy self for about 2 weeks. Of course I'm sure I'll have my on and off days but for the most part my counts should be up and I should feel normal. :) Then after about two weeks I'll have to restart chemo and do it all over again. Somewhere in there (not really sure where, i'll ask tomorrow!) I'll have another bone marrow biopsy. Which isn't very good because my poor back is just now recovering (bruising is going away and not hurting anymore) from my first one (about 2 weeks ago?). Anyways, when I get out I plan on being as social as possible (within reason of course) especially when my counts are up and I can fight off infections on my own. :) I want to have a dinner with friends (whoever wants to join) as soon as I get and feel up to it. So be looking out. :) Just thinking of all this and thinking about taking daily walks outside makes me happy. Imagine being stuck inside ONE room in your house for almost THREE WEEKS. UGH. But I keep myself occupied and still have a lot to do on my "to do" list and it keeps growing the more cards I get from all those I love. :)

I will be moving to the first floor of my apartment in the beginning of may (hopefully when I'm still "out") so I'll be busy preparing for that while I'm home. So all those hands willing and able to help get your moving faces, hats, gloves, and muscles ready. Because for a single girl...i have a lot of stuff. lol.

Alright, as I wait for the meds to kick in (i'm feeling less pain already) and for the tech to come in to get my vitals for the night.....I'm gonna watch TV with my family (mom, dad, and brother are all here tonight) for a bit and I'm feeling so good that I'm gonna get outta my bed and move to the chair in the "sitting" area of my penthouse suite. :)

Thanks for the prayers and thoughts, i feel so much better because of it and keep sending me love, i appreciate any and all of it. :)

Until tomorrow,

Kim :)

No comments:

Post a Comment