Visitors

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Day 15: Is it Monday Yet?

I counted the days that I have actually been in the hospital and my count is....23. isn't that just absolutely ridiculous? that's almost 30 which is almost a month. GEEZ! Which also means I haven't done ANY physical activity in 23 days. Can you guys imagine how out of shape I am....ugh, it just makes me sick because it's going to absolute torture to get back into shape when I can. My muscles hurt just thinking about it.....great.

Anyways, a little health update for today...my most recent blood pressure was 122/81. My temp as of 2 minutes ago is 98.4. My hemoglobin count is an 8.6 (it went way down), My white blood count is a 0.2, and my platelets are at a 18 today. Which means, I get a bag of platelets today. Which is actually being pumped into me right now. Usually after I get some platelets my count jumps pretty high so I won't need them for a while (5 or so days) again. But my body should start recovering from the chemo on it's own soon then I'll be OUTTA here!

Alright, I just talked to a different doctor about my chemotherapy "process." She said in 70% of patients the leukemia is wiped out in the first round of chemo (what I just went through). Then I'll have a bone marrow biopsy to see if anything is left. She said usually around day 14 (i'm on day 15) but she said since my counts are down it's pointless to go in because my bones are pretty much empty. So they have to wait for my counts to come back up then they'll do one to see if they find any more cancer. After that if they don't find any they said they usually do another round but a different kind. If they did I'll still do another couple rounds and since I am a candidate for a bone marrow transplant, I will have to have one. So basically, there are a lot of options that I can take to fix this. but it all depends on my reactions to the first round of chemo. Once I get past this and all my counts come up and I get another biopsy THEN they'll tell me what their plan is. Which is good news. I guess Dr. Reynolds has been giving me worst case scenario things (which is good) but it could change. SO to me, I take this as good news. I mean if this is a little kid type of cancer that I have.....and i'm a 24 year old. My body should be healthy and able to fight it off better right??

it's almost like in tae-kwon-do a white belt facing a yellow belt....it's possible for the less experienced white belt to win....but if you throw a black belt (me) in there vs. the same yellow belt. the yellow belt may try really hard the first round.....but we all know the black belt (me) is gonna win. I mean....seriously....come on. I have this in the BAG. This isn't gonna be one of those puny Cinderella story where the measly little yellow belt beats the black belt....theres a slim to none chance but it's not happening this time.

Wow, that was a really good analogy.

I'm quite proud of myself.

ANYWAYS, were still shooting for a MONDAY release. Then I'll be going shopping!! :)

My dad is leaving today back to south dakota. Which is probably best because I'm sure he has a crazy workload pile to get to. I'm sure the hospital falls apart without him there. Or maybe he just talks like it does. LOL. My brother is also going back today and it was good to see him....unfortunately not under the best circumstances but I'm glad my entire family got to be together because that hasn't happened in a LONG time. My sister is still in Mississippi training before she actually leaves for Afghanistan....idk when she's leaving, every time I ask my mom the date changes so I'll just wait until she calls my mom and says "okay mom, i'm leaving tomorrow" So for a while it will just be me, my mom, and my einstein hanging out.

I noticed today that my hair is starting to come out a littler easier. It's not quite yet falling out on it's own but if I run my fingers through it every time I look at my hands, I have 4-7 strands. I looked at my bed pillows and didn't find much but just know the process is starting...i think. Unless I just have a lot of dead hair and it's telling me to brush it LOL.

Alright well that's all I have to report to now. My platelets are done and now I'm just hooked up to my antibiotics. I was given 3 more pills so todays count is already at 9 pills....geez!!

Hope everyone has a great saturday, go outside (idk what the weather is like) and enjoy yourself. Or just get out and do something, anything.....because I can't. :(

Love you all.....*hugs*

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment