Visitors

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Day 3: starting....now!

They just started the Chemo for today and they definitely did NOT come in all scrubbed up with gloves and stuff and not gonna lie, I was a little upset. Theres something 007 about a nurse coming in with bright high tech scrubs on carrying an IV type bag that is covered in a bright green bag in a ziploc bag. I told you, I'm getting excited about the little things around here probably no one appreciates. But it must be a breath of fresh air for the nurses to hear stuff like this.

......10 minutes later......

Wow, I just had a wave of nurses come in here telling me lots of new information. Fruit has officially been taken away from me. My precious food that I eat ALL the time. :( Also raw veggies (i'm obviously NOT torn up about) but that's about it. And as I look at the menu to get my breakfast going, all I want is a big fruit tray to settle my stomach from all the meds that I just orally took (3 different pills a day twice a day) and that has been pumped into me (the ragin' roids, the chemo itself, the IV fluid that constantly runs, and the antibiotics they give for nausea).

They also said visitors from here until my levels rise need to make sure that they're NOT SICK or been around anyone who has been sick if they come to visit. I worked hard yesterday with my "husband" (I got "married" yesterday to my IV machine thingy) dragging him around everywhere I went disinfecting everything around me....I got way excited and went crazy. So I don't want germs lingering around me. Also if you could please let me know ahead of time when you are visiting....i would appreciate it. As you read below, I hate unexpectedness. Also I just don't want a lot of people in here at a time. I don't feel like I can talk to people like I would like to if a million people are in the room. AND I am in the process of creating a "germ free station" in my room so make sure you germ-x yourself....put a mask on if you feel like you may need it....or if your breath stinks, LOL. and whatever else ridiculous non-sense things I can get a hold of just to make it look fancy. haha.

In other news, my blood count went down AGAIN....i'm at a 7.6 now (normal is 12ish) and I have to get TWO bags of blood transfused into me after the chemo runs so I don't start feeling woozy again.

There were no results for my heart scan yesterday. Today I'm going to try to take a nap but I hate naps and I have lots to do.

it's 9:22am right now....meaning my students as we "speak" are hearing the news from myself (through video of course). I'm worried but I know it was the best move to tell them myself and for them to hear me. :)

Alright well that was the "excitement" of the morning. Now I need to get some food in me at eat at my dining room table!! :)

have a fabulous day and as more news comes through, I'll be on here. :) love you all.

Kim

I never thought I'd get married!!




My old room....with my flowers.... :(




My new room.....much better!!

No comments:

Post a Comment