Visitors

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Day 11: It Rains The Hardest On Those Who Deserve The Sun

Today I'm feeling much better. As soon as I felt up to it I got out of that awful bed. I'm ready to go home and sleep on my own bed. My back is still hurting and I'm itching for a jog but it'll be a while until that happens. My parents drove to Tulsa today so I'm alone again....but like I said before...it's nice. The staff here knows when I'm having a good day vs a bad day based on where i'm sitting (lol). The regular cleaning lady came in today and said "i'm assuming your feeling better today....you're not asleep!"

Last night I had a dream I was on my way to Hawaii (I didn't actually get there). I had just left New York City and was complaining because I had a connecting flight in Alaska. LOL. I don't remember who I was with but I know it was friends and it was during the winter. SOOOO I'm taking this as a sign that I will need a GOOD vacation this winter after I finish up with all of this chemo. I'm thinking either Dominican Republic or Mexico. So if anyone wants to join me (i have NO problem going alone if I need to) you all let me know. I will go somewhere, just don't know where yet.

Anyways, updating you on my health....they haven't given me blood counts this morning yet but last night I was running a slight fever of 99.8 and I had low blood pressure of 113/67. This morning my temp was back down to 98.3 and blood pressure of 102/62. My weight went DOWN to 158 (big jump!) but I credit it to not being connected to fluids. My gums were still hurting all morning but I requested pain pills and it helped.

I'm in a much better mood today and the doctor even said I may be released tomorrow!! YAY! So clear your schedules people I need to go somewhere (anywhere). Being cooped up in a hospital for 2 weeks is just craziness. Well my computer is about to die so I'll update more later. :)

Love you all, have a GREAT tuesday.

Kim

2 comments:

  1. HiKim: U R a brave young lady 2 face a montrous illness. Ur determination, ur luv 4 life, ur luv 4 family & frens, have made u an xordinary human being. Ur ability 2 overcome such things as running marathons, popping up to 11 meds @ 1 time, walking in & out of hospital in 2 wks time after a bout w L'Ke'mia is an inspiration we all seek. Thank u 4 making it possible. With Lotsa Luv: Aunt Lela, cousin Chels, & uncle Richard. ;) Keep the Faith and Love Strong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such an inspiration. You don't know me, but we have a mutual friend, Sarah Ross. I just know that this time of healing will be a life-changing journey that will make you stronger than ever. I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers

    Geri Ayers
    Enid

    ReplyDelete