Visitors

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Day 5: I hate it when I flex my biceps and my sleeves tear off

Alright so today I feel the same. I expected to be "sick" but I'm definitely not. I just enjoyed some french toast, CANNED fruit, and orange juice for breakfast in my dining area and watched Ellen on my flat screen...lol. I got to talk to a student on the phone and he was happy that I was getting better and I'm glad I got some answers cleared up to him. I'm sure he'll spread the word and feel smart about knowing so much about this (if he remembers).

There isn't a lot to report on today. I woke up around 4:30 am just because I had nurses all around me with IV changes, steroid doses, medications, and whatever else they were doing. So I was just awake. Then every 15 to 20 minutes they come back in a check my vitals (blood pressure, temp, and oxygen level) and it's just annoying. So I just stay up because right when I get comfortable and my bed re-adjusts and I get my IV arm situated they pop back in and re-do everything.

I got a quick 30 min nap in after the commotion around 9 but then I heard the doctors come in to check on me and talk to me so I woke up from the nap and have been up ever since. Also I have to use the restroom every hour now because of all the fluids that are going inside of me and it's terrible so that's restricting me too. But I'm making the best of the situation and looking at it as at least I can get around by myself and I'm not feeling miserable. I was taking a picture of my door (it's filled with "chemotherapy" precautions) and I saw another patient and she looked in pain, sick, and was being helped to her restroom....I gave her a smile and said hi to the nurse who was passing by and it just made me feel so much more thankful that I have people watching over me, sending me good happy healthy thoughts and continuous prayer. I'm truly lucky.

Hmm well I think I'm going to go for a walk down the hallway (with my fresh new socks for the day) just to get out and "stretch" my legs.....since this room isn't big enough for that....then...movie time! :)

Love you all...i'll post more pics soon. :)


my flower collection is slowly building back up....

1 comment:

  1. Your flower collection is beautiful, but not as beautiful as your positive aura & bright spirit. I found this blog through Clint & would like to know I will be keeping you in my thoughts on a constant basis. I'd love to visit you sometime & bring more flowers for you to add to your collection. :) I have faith that all will work out. Take care, gorgeous! <3

    ReplyDelete