Visitors

Sunday, April 3, 2011

I always hated construction....

wow.

that's truly what I'm thinking.

I was a healthy 24 year old but I've just been diagnosed with Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia. And I'm okay. Is that wrong? I guess the whole "cancer" thing hasn't really sunk in yet. I'm doing fine right now....actually, if you've come to visit, i'm in FANTASTIC shape. I got one good cry in when I found out it MIGHT be leukemia or lymphoma but other than that, i'm happy. lol. is that normal?? Only me right? Well my logic behind it was.....If I'm sad, it won't go away so I might as well be happy.

I've been in the hospital since Tuesday and I've already made friends! I have a friend in transportation (the people who take patients from point A to point B) and also a couple nurses who said they were happy to have me again because 1...they love my room....and 2......because I'm such a pleasant person to work for....lol. I don't have much competition because I totally met my neighbor while we were both sitting in a wheelchair outside and he was so grumpy, moody, and just in an all around bad mood. LOL. Anyways, I've had a lot of visitors and it makes me SOOOOO happy that I have such a strong support group. I've even had friends who i haven't talked to for a while come through and it makes me happy to know that those friendships we made have not faded....just paused.

Well today has been a long day. Chemo starts tomorrow....yay!!

Send happy thoughts my way around 8pm....love you all...and thanks for your continuous prayers and love.

it feels great to have u all here for me during this "hard" (lol) time.

hugs*

-kim

No comments:

Post a Comment