Visitors

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Day 22: Happy Easter Peeps!

I got absolutely no sleep last night. I was up....bored. and uncomfortable. i'm just ready to get out of the hospital bed and back into my own. it's been a month since I've been here and it gets depressing. I'm so glad I had a good time last night with my favorite co-workers. :)

Alright so I definitely registered for the 5k...that happens in ONE WEEK. I just made it official and since it was $45...that alone is a big enough incentive to do it. I've always had running to help me through some hard times in my life...and I think this by FAR takes the cake for one of the hardest things I'll probably ever go through. So why not do what I do best to get better....chug some OJ, sleep a little, and go for a good RUN. I'm for sure going all out on this one but I'm kind of excited. My goal is to run it in 45 minutes....my fastest time I ran a 5k out of shape was 21:23. So considering I've been laying in bed for the past month, 45 minutes is a good goal. LOL. :) I'm sure people think i'm crazy for this but this makes me happy and gives me something to look forward to....in a week. LOL.

Today all my counts are up. My hemoglobin is at a 10.8, platelets are in the 50's, and my white blood count is at a 0.6!! So it jumped 2 "points" in one day. :)

Now I just have to get rid of this nasty rash and I'll be back to normal....except my hair. I'm balding in the places where my headbands rub so a buzz cut is in store soon. before I go home for sure. I don't want my hair all over my apartment and it's going to happen anyway, i need to get it done.

Today my stomach is hurting. I think it's because I've only been living on soup and cereal and yesterday for lunch my mom went and got my BBQ. I didn't finish it at all (or even came close). And for dinner I ate Olive Garden and I finished 89% of my food and today I'm paying for it. I guess just eating solid food made my stomach turn.....it's so weird. I've already drank 96 ounces of water and a can of sprite too so apparently I'm thirsty. lol, but that's a GOOD thing I'm getting my fluids in me because the last thing I want to do is be dehydrated for my race ;)

I still can't believe myself. geez. a 5k with cancer. blood cancer at that. LOL, now someone really has to write a book about me or a movie. this is epic. haha!

Alright well i'm ready to watch TV just wanted to give u all a quick update. I love you all, Happy Easter, enjoy this time with your family and/or friends.

much love,
Kim

3 comments:

  1. Happy Easter! Maybe you can do the 5K slow with me... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, you don't know me, but I've learned about you from Sarah Ross. I read your blog daily and keep you in my thoughts and prayers. You are such an inspiration for all of us who have never had a trial like yours and for all of those who do have the same trial but are discouraged. Keep up the positive attitude and stay smiling. After all.....you're kicking this cancer's butt! Best wishes to you come from Enid. I will continue to follow your blog and keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

    Geri Ayers

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. I'd kind of like to see both you and Sarah do the 5K. I'm perfectly healthy and must have a lunch break and a nap midway through a 5 mile DRIVE, let alone a run. hehehehe. My wish is for you to be out of that hospital room and into your running shoes in just a few days. Go get 'em!

    ReplyDelete