Visitors

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Day 13: In the End They'll Judge Me Anyway So Whatever.

Every night since I can remember I always laid in bed and the last thought I always try to have is "Tomorrow is another day." It sounds really corny but it always put me at ease after I had a terrible day because I knew that I didn't want another terrible day and tomorrow....i could "start over." Or it was the opposite, If I had a fabulous day I would aim for having another fabulous day because once again, I could make it what I wanted. So last night as I laid in my bed feeling absolutely miserable and thought about my day, the words "tomorrow is another day" put me at ease. Words can't describe how awful I felt yesterday. One minute I was freezing (literally shivering) then the next minute I was burning up (kicking off my blanket and sweating). It was crazy! I had a steady temperature of 99.8 all day and I didn't want to talk to anyone, I didn't want to see anyone, I didn't want to eat, drink, or even get up to use the restroom (but i did lol). It was just awful. But I got through the day (mainly by sleeping) and today I feel 100x's better~!! I'm currently eating my breakfast which consists of cereal and mandarin oranges (yum!) so that alone tells what kind of day I'm having.

My hemoglobin for is a 10.2 (we want 13), my white blood count is at a 0.1, and my platelets dropped from a 55 (yesterday) to a 23 today. So again, I'll be getting more platelets today. My weight this morning was at 157. Right now I'm hooked up to my husband again (IV unit) and I'm getting my first dose of antibiotics. I think I'm getting two today?? and they're gonna start me on a mouth wash for my gums so hopefully they get better. They still hurt pretty bad but the nurse said I can have one pain med every four hours and today I plan on taking FULL advantage of that. lol.

Today if you're bored (and live in Oklahoma City Area) there is a blood drive at Northwest Classen High School until 1pm (i think) and you can go and donate blood in my name. All of the blood that gets donated to me, I get a certain percentage of 'credit' applied to my medical bills. Which would help out a ton because I'm gonna be in debt the rest of my life. lol. I'm super thankful that I don't have any college loans to pay off because I would just quit and be a bum somewhere. If you can't go today or just read this after 1pm, you can still go to any Oklahoma Blood Institute and donate in my name and I will still get the credit. :)

Alright that's all I have to report for now. Thank you for all your feel better thoughts and prayers you all sent me yesterday because they definitely worked. I can't imagine another day of how I felt yesterday. it was torture. Cross your fingers that I get released Monday (earliest doctor says I can get out because of my fever). I need to get out, go shopping, and just interact with people. I probably forgot how to drive! LOL.

I love you all. :) Have a good day!!

xoxo

kim

1 comment:

  1. HeyKim: very Happy to hear u r on the UP side. wonder if this is where "sunny side up" comes from? if so, most eggs r totally on their wrong side up each morning. As 4 u, like i said, alls UP. thats good news so i had to drop off a few lines. until later, dwell on this: When eating a fruit, think of the person who planted the tree. - Vietnamese saying. lotsa luv: lela b-i & chels. ( :*o )

    ReplyDelete