Visitors

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Day 18: We walk the same path, but got on different shoes.

Alright I just finished with my bone marrow biopsy about 30 minutes ago. They took me from my room around 3:15 (after waiting ALLLLLLLLL day) and of course I just waited somewhere else. As I was waiting for a nurse to come and get me one of the transportation boys stopped by and said hi to me and said "You're STILL here?? I mean I'm glad your getting better but you've been here for a long time." He was really nice to me and the first week or so we had some good conversation back and forth and whenever he was in my hallway he would stop by and give me a wave. It felt good to know someone. It's what I hoped for when I first came in here. To be nice to everyone and try to get to know some people so when I see them I can give them a friendly "hi, how are you??" I've always been a friendly person who likes to make others smile because it makes me happy. :)

Once a nurse came and got me and put me in the room the nurses were all really nice and I even got the nurse who was with me during my first biopsy. She remembered me and whispered to me, "you look great...and I know this will go a lot better than the other one." :) OMG I LOVE THIS HOSPITAL! lol.

I insisted on climbing onto the "operation" table myself and they let me and I got comfortable and they started hooking me up to things. I just laid there and was watching as much as I could. and I don't really know if I eventually fell asleep but the next thing I remembered was a nurse was rubbing my hands/forearms and i could feel slight pressure on my lower back. I guess I was making funny "that hurts" faces because she kept rubbing and eventually I held her hand and then I guess they made it to the bone. I felt the worst pressure I've ever felt in my life accompanied by a "pop" sound and I was in pain for a good three seconds. I squeezed the poor nurses hand and she just get rubbing my other hand. The pain stopped three seconds later and then I just felt a lot of pressure in the same area. Almost like they were closing a pickle jar lid on my back (minus the twisting). So then i questioned myself "was I awake the entire time" because I didn't go back to sleep. I was a bit loopy and wanting to go back to sleep but I wasn't sure. My mom said when they took me in to the time she saw me again was about an hour. Who knows. All I know is that it hurt. And the first time I got a biopsy they stuck me FOUR times....but maybe they kept giving me stronger meds so i stayed out longer?

Anyways, I guess we'll wait for the results of these and i'll hopefully be outta here soon. I thought I heard a nurse say that my white cell count was at a 0.3 today so that means its rising! which is goooood news! I'm ready to be outta here and go out into civilization.

I also think that I'm going to buzz my hair off before I leave here. The front part of my hair is thinning out and I'm balding around the temples of my head even more and compared to the amount of hair I had before it's significantly thinner. I also don't think I'll be able to straighten it because of how sensitive it is and there is NO WAY that I'm going out with friends or ANYONE without fixing my hair. LOL.

Anyways, I got some visitors here so I'll type more later before bed. :)

xoxoxoxo Much Love

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment