Visitors

Friday, April 15, 2011

Day 14: Up's and Down's

Okay I literally struggled for about 5 minutes determining whether or not i should put an apostrophe on up's and down's. I'm sure it's wrong but oh well. Remember, I'm a math teacher, lol. Well, today turned out to be an overall good day. Shortly after my blog this morning, I ate some pineapples chunks and sat in my bed and watched TV. Then I started feeling bad and I thought it was because my pain medications were wearing off. I started to get tired too so I put a movie on the ipad, got comfortable and just as I was about to fall asleep the tech came in to get my vitals and i was apparently running a 100.1 temperature! isn't that insane?! I felt completely fine and I was in a great mood. I didn't feel hot or anything so I was completely surprised...then my second thought was great...the doctor is gonna see that and keep me here longer, noooo!!!

Eventually I went to sleep and slept for about 4 hours! crazy right?! I was once again only awaken because I got a phone call from a friend who wanted to bring me food and just wanted to know what I wanted to eat. I requested....you guessed it SOUP! lol. When I woke up I felt terrible and at that point my face was hot. But I think it was because I was completely buried (face and all) under two blankets (a thick quilt and a hospital blanket). I didn't feel well but I dozed off again for a bit and woke up when my parents got here. I started feeling better after I raised my bed up and talked a little and eventually they left for dinner and two other people came to visit and then I felt fine! My pain meds had kicked in and I ate all my soup and a little of the bread that was given to me. It still hurt a bit to chew my food but not enough to complain about it.

We then went on to talk about going to Hawaii over winter break, it may happen! and then decided that it they're going to make a movie out of me. LOL. Then we proceeded for the next hour and a half googling celebrity look alikes for my entire family and we started with some friends. I still have a lot of people who I need to find celebrities for so this should keep me busy. lol.

Through all of this they just pumped me full of antibiotics, which takes about an hour and a half. And they gave me my usual pepcid, pain meds, and also my sleeping pill. They took my vitals again and this time...my temp was 98.1. So i'm pretty sure the 100.1 was a fluke with the machine? Well see what happens tomorrow. Which is SATURDAY....and it could be TWO DAYS until I get out of here. I'm gonna admit, I'm gonna miss my Penthouse suite but I do dearly miss my bed and my couch and of course, my einstein. :) I'm ready to be social again (especially before I start to lose my hair).

Alright, Well I need to get to sleep, I am kinda tired tonight and my neck hurts from typing....lol idk how.

I love you all, thanks for the thoughts and prayers yet again. I appreciate everything everyone is doing for me. It means so much to me to know that I have such a strong support system behind me. :)

Much Love,

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment