Visitors

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Look Ma...No Hands

I've heard of Roid Rage while on steriods....and I think I'm getting the complete opposite symptoms. lol I'm way nice to everyone and I'm trying to help out the nurses by moving things myself and they just look at me and say....uhhh.....i'm getting paid for that. LOL. I'm SO hungry right now. I had an pleasant unexpected visitor who I haven't talked to in a while and it was great. It took me away from the hospital room and boredom to ideas sparking in my head of how I can help others. I was sleepy now I'm jotting ideas down (someone get me a small notepad! and sparkly purple pen!) and just getting excited. I miss organization and planning stages....i'm such a nerd. LOL.

.....food service arrives and nurses are in room getting blood pressure, temp, and oxygen levels.....

They're concerned about my blood pressure but I assured them it was because I got way to excited about my visitor and his ideas and my ideas alone. LOL. I got up to like 150/99 or something like that. My temp is pretty steady so i'm not in pain or feeling sick. I'm telling you a positive attitude goes a long way.

Right now I'm doing a million things and it feels great. I ordered a "thanksgiving dinner" for lunch and it's awesome. I'm updating facebook and replying to emails, cards, letters, and messages I've been getting (i'm FEELING THE LOVE PEOPLE!!). I'm so so so so so so thankful for everything.

I requested for "comment" cards and to make staff people love me more (hehe so I can get the "penthouse" treatment) so anytime I talk to someone on the phone, a nice transportation person transports me somewhere, or even a nice food and nutrition person comes in and just remembers me, i'm writing a card to thank them. I want to just be a memorable person and be able to say "HI!" to people everywhere I go. :)

MAN all this making people happy is truly feeding my spirits even MORE. I'm so hyped up I could get up and dance....but since my blood level is "low" I guess I can't. BUt I'm definitely playing "No Hands" by Waka Flocka Flame and feeling good....LOL. I think i'm on too many happy pills....they just came in and gave me benadryl so maybe i'll get a nap in soon. :)

No one is here with me now. My mom went to run errands for me. I'm content. I'm happy to have alone time just to clear my head and sit back and take this all in. Taking mental pictures in my head and just enjoying being happy. I really am. There isn't one bit of sadness inside of me.

speaking of which....my students were receptive to the news today. I got a lot of support texts from teachers (and some students...shhhh!) during the video and I'm SO glad they know and can understand what's going on with me. :) I feel so much better and less on edge about my students. Skype in Oklahoma City Public Schools will be a good tool that I can use just to check in with them....if other teachers allow it. :)

YYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry this is truly how I feel right now.

Okay I've written like 3 times today already....I'm sure I'll write more but I wanted to share my enthusiasm with someone and I had to get it out....like NOW or else I would've talked my poor nurses ear off....lol.

I'm gonna try to calm down now. :)

Kim

2 comments:

  1. Your new room looks fab. Nice to have a little room for you to move around it. You've been added to my church prayer list, you're going to kick this thing and get back to Taft to whip a new group of 8th graders into shape next year. I love your blog, keeps me from bugging everyone about how your doing.

    Cathy H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree your room looks awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete